• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    You need to live in the real world. It's great to sit around in your undies, drinking a cold one blowing off, but in reality, legal or illegal the IRS will get theirs. If you do not want to pay or file then do so. But grow a pair, call up the IRS and tell them that you aren't paying and will gladly challenge them to collect any monies that you do not feel that you owe them. After you do that, please post the results ;)

I see this thread sinking slowly into the murky waters. I challenge you, 4sarge, to attack ideas and not people. You know nothing of my background or experience and still attempt to insult me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I see this thread sinking slowly into the murky waters. I challenge you, 4sarge, to attack ideas and not people. You know nothing of my background or experience and still attempt to insult me.

My or your opinions really do not matter on an Internet Forum. If you have an income, and do truly believe what you espouse then my offer still stands, call the IRS and tell them so. I'll admit, I'm a sheeple and pay my taxes. It may be illegal for them to collect them but I've seen what happens to those who do not pay ;)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland

I believe, and feel free to correct me 4sarge, that he he was making reference to your profile picture :chillout:

The fact is that the yahoo answers link had every answer to every question you asked, addressed the points you addressed and even countered your court case you provided. Read the constitution, then the 16th amendment, and then re-read this thread. If you don't want to pay taxes still, don't.

:twocents:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    My or your opinions really do not matter on an Internet Forum. If you have an income, and do truly believe what you espouse then my offer still stands, call the IRS and tell them so. I'll admit, I'm a sheeple and pay my taxes. It may be illegal for them to collect them but I've seen what happens to those who do not pay ;)

Very true. We are all at the mercy of the IRS.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I believe, and feel free to correct me 4sarge, that he he was making reference to your profile picture :chillout:

The fact is that the yahoo answers link had every answer to every question you asked, addressed the points you addressed and even countered your court case you provided. Read the constitution, then the 16th amendment, and then re-read this thread. If you don't want to pay taxes still, don't.

:twocents:

Nate,

For the sake of my sanity (and elevating blood pressure) I gotta put you on the ignore list.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nate,

For the sake of my sanity (and elevating blood pressure) I gotta put you on the ignore list.

ummmm, ok? You asked a question, I tried to answer it, you didn't like my proof and refuse to try to disprove me with any facts and then you block me lol. Very odd lol :rolleyesedit::n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As a recent tackling dummy for a large number of very small children attempting to graduate to the next belt level, I can confirm that they can hit quite hard when they want to, and I have the bruises to show it.

Thank God for groin protectors. That's all I'm sayin'.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyone wanting to not pay taxes, please put in a call to Wesley Snipes first...

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    In actuality there is no Law that requires Most american citizens to pay Income Tax.
    I Amendment that instituted the income tax actually refurs to federal employees and Income derived from stocks and bonds, not labour.

I've read from several credibal sources (No I can't quote or put up a Link).
    there have also been several cases in which the IRS was unable to Prove to a Jury or Judge that such a law exists.

If you can find the right Judge who believes in the constitution you can win a case against the IRS on the merits.
    Finding the right Judge is the problem and most people who don't pay get convicted.

My :twocents:, Worth what it cost you. :patriot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you can find the right Judge who believes in the constitution you can win a case against the IRS on the merits.
    Finding the right Judge is the problem and most people who don't pay get convicted.
    Wonder if part of the problem with this is that Judges know where their pay comes from?

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    If you want to get out of taxes, just go to the nearest IRS center, **** kick one of the men in the black with the nice shiny thing on his side, and you will not have to pay taxes. Other than that, you end up in the same place, without the **** kicking.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    In actuality there is no Law that requires Most american citizens to pay Income Tax.
    I Amendment that instituted the income tax actually refurs to federal employees and Income derived from stocks and bonds, not labour.

I've read from several credibal sources (No I can't quote or put up a Link).
    there have also been several cases in which the IRS was unable to Prove to a Jury or Judge that such a law exists.

My :twocents:, Worth what it cost you. :patriot:

Well then we have to agree to disagree. The tax code is law, set forth by the legislature, and puts out the requirements of who must pay taxes. The one case that was discussed earlier was explained in one of the links I posted (the yahoo answers one i believe). The man's charge was downgraded for trial, and the prosecutor could not establish the required proof of intention for that crime, so it was thrown out based on that, not the fact that he didn't have to pay taxes. Also, that man has been convicted of several other tax counts in other cases since then.

This is what I understand it to be.
    :twocents::patriot:

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    :twocents: Al Capone was sent to prison for income tax evasion, if he could have been gotten off in any way, his lawyers would have done it. People who do not pay taxes are just flirting with disaster. The ones who do not go to prison are just overlooked by the IRS. Income taxes are not in the laws, just the Income Tax Codes.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    :do2:The first Federal income tax was imposed (under Article I, section 8, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution) during the Civil War, then again in the 1890s, and again after the Sixteenth Amendment was ratified in 1913. Current income taxes are imposed under these constitutional provisions and various sections of Subtitle A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, including 26 U.S.C. § 1 (imposing income tax on the taxable income of individuals, estates and trusts) and 26 U.S.C. § 11 (imposing income tax on the taxable income of corporations).

Congress proposed the Sixteenth Amendment (ratified by the requisite number of states in 1913[3]), which states:
    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.​
    The Supreme Court in Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad, 240 U.S. 1 (1916), indicated that the amendment did not expand the federal government's existing power to tax income (meaning profit or gain from any source) but rather removed the possibility of classifying an income tax as a direct tax on the basis of the source of the income. The Amendment removed the need for the income tax to be apportioned among the states on the basis of population. Income taxes are required, however, to abide by the law of geographical uniformity.

:cheers:Some tax protesters and others opposed to income taxes cite what they contend is evidence that the Sixteenth Amendment was never "properly ratified," based in large part on materials sold by William J. Benson. In December of 2007, Benson's "Defense Reliance Package" containing his non-ratification argument which he offered for sale on the internet, was ruled by a federal court to be a "fraud perpetrated by Benson" that had "caused needless confusion and a waste of the customers' and the IRS' time and resources."[4] The court stated: "Benson has failed to point to evidence that would create a genuinely disputed fact regarding whether the Sixteenth Amendment was properly ratified or whether United States Citizens are legally obligated to pay federal taxes."[5] See also Tax protester constitutional arguments.

Top Bottom