• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    People need time to adjust from "softy" to "hardass" number 1, and number 2 they're going to surely kill some of these folks off - just give it time. If they kill off random guy number 3 nobody cares, but if they kill main character number 3, everybody has time invested in that character and they're either happy that character is gone or they miss him/her.

Just give the show time to devolve into the full-on apocalypse we all know is upon them.

I was hooked on TWD after episode 1....they have had plenty of time to make FTWD even somewhat interesting. They have failed.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think the characters' confusion and denial is the point; when something so unbelievable happens you don't sort it out instantly.

That being said, they could at least make some more likable characters. Madison is getting better. Daniel Salazar is likable, as is his family. And the high school girl might even be alright if maturity comes fast in a tough situation. The preview for next week kind of suggests that Madison and Daniel are going to start taking some more forward action.

Travis, though, is hopeless. If he gets eaten soon maybe the show will get better.

The only smart thing he has done so far is jogging. I heard other people making fun of that, and I think the writers were mocking that sort of "normalcy" behavior. But actually in a stressful situation like that, you should do something to blow off steam plus keep your physical condition up. Maybe he will have to outrun some of the dead later, if he isn't eaten.

For a while I thought the druggie would become a hero of the show. Now I'm thinking that maybe Madison is going to someday have to choose between babysitting her addict son and helping the rest of the group survive.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    ^ Agreed

Travis seems hopeless. In a constant state of denial, complacent, and staunchly anti-gun (in a situation like that?).

Not looking good.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^ Agreed

Travis seems hopeless. In a constant state of denial, complacent, and staunchly anti-gun (in a situation like that?).

Not looking good.

Seems. The magnitude of the situation hasn't taken ahold of him yet. This group still has hope that society will return. In TWD, Rick awakens after everybody else has come to the realization that their world is gone forever.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Seems. The magnitude of the situation hasn't taken ahold of him yet. This group still has hope that society will return. In TWD, Rick awakens after everybody else has come to the realization that their world is gone forever.

Yup. TWD skipped over the "adjustment" time. Or at least a big part of it.
    And, he almost got eaten right off the bat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing not mentioned, is that no one has actually seen a zombie eat anybody. Sure we've seen bites, but thus far the survivors aren't really aware that they are a food source for the infected.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    One thing not mentioned, is that no one has actually seen a zombie eat anybody. Sure we've seen bites, but thus far the survivors aren't really aware that they are a food source for the infected.

True. It actually made sense that Travis wasn't as scared of his zombie neighbors as we "know" he should have been. He surmised the bite might be an issue when he saw Matt's bite, but describes the "sick" as "becoming violent", not realizing their actual goal of attack is to bite.

However, I still think they are overplaying his lack of interest in protecting his family.

Even in real life today, it's very common for someone to want a gun after they or a family member has been attacked. Time and again, you hear of people who were anti-gun until they were victims. Even the father of the recently-murdered reporter who maintains his anti-gun stance in general says he'll need to get a gun for himself (paraphrased I'm sure).

This appears to be leading less to a zombie conflict than to family differences over how to react to the authorities. Travis still thinks the authorities are going to protect them. The rest of the family is starting to realize they need to protect themselves, and may not even be able to trust their protectors.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I like this show so much better than TWD.......To me it's going a little too fast...I like fresh Zombies...I like seeing LA during a Zombie Outbreak look exactly like LA looks anyway...The barrenness of LA is really captured here...My in laws lived out there and I got to spend some time there and the show does a great job of capturing the arrogance and naivete of the citizens and the dirty veneer of the city...

It's my favorite new show and if Rhino doesn't like it he can just throw his gun down in the dirt like the bad a$$ he is....:)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Well, so far, this discussion thread is what is making the show interesting. Either we are thinking too hard or the writers are more clever than they appear on the surface. As this is the TWD production group, I vote the latter. It will get better.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like it so far for what it is, and I think it will get real good just in time to stop for the end of the season. TWD starts back up in 3 weeks so it's almost goodbye time for Fear the walking dead. I think the counselor mom will be tough, and the barber.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Agreed ... all the whining and crying about how slow and terrible the show is ...

They should make a show where all you get is a solid hour of the undead chomping on everyone with plenty of gore and screaming for the entire hour ... sort of like those fireplace videos except zombies! Better yet, here's a tip for the haters ... take the scene of Herschel's farm being overrun and put it on a continuous loop for an hour next Sunday night during the FTWD time slot.

Or ... you could just quit watching the show (don't forget to post on INGO how you gave up on the show) and it will go away. :rolleyes:

Me? ... I'm enjoying it ... but then again, I enjoy 'boring' movies like 12 Angry Men (1957) and Rope (1948).

That's sort of the Z Nation approach. Did you see it this past week? Not much of a plot but tons of fast zombies, bounty hunters and a killing of a central figure.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So.... I was too tired tonight to do anything constructive so I re-watched the show. I missed some things the first time.

First, maybe Travis and Madison aren't as opposite as I first thought. Madison was complaining about her husband not helping around the house, but then does nothing to ask the adult son to get his butt out of the pool and help her.
    Travis, OTOH, reveals his mechanical skill (kept his dad's old truck running for 30 years).

And I did completely miss something the first time. During the first viewing, I thought Travis was surprised while on the roof, simply because he verified that someone in the other distant building was indeed signaling with a light. What I missed was the gunfire directed at that person at the same time.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    And I did completely miss something the first time. During the first viewing, I thought Travis was surprised while on the roof, simply because he verified that someone in the other distant building was indeed signaling with a light. What I missed was the gunfire directed at that person at the same time.

I thought the same thing. Which is why he seems shocked at the very end. Maybe he is coming to the conclusion that their protectors (the military) aren't really looking after them so much as holding them captive.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    So.... I was too tired tonight to do anything constructive so I re-watched the show. I missed some things the first time.

First, maybe Travis and Madison aren't as opposite as I first thought. Madison was complaining about her husband not helping around the house, but then does nothing to ask the adult son to get his butt out of the pool and help her.
    Travis, OTOH, reveals his mechanical skill (kept his dad's old truck running for 30 years).

Good catch I was wondering why they left all those bodies in the street.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I now fear "Fear the Walking Dead" because it consumes an hour of my life each week and infects my memory with crappy television.

Top Bottom