• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Unfortunately, my cable system had "equipment problems", and AMC was off the air Sunday night. And Monday. And part of Tuesday.

I'm going to sic a couple of walkers on them if AMC is off the air again this Sunday!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For those suffering from zombie slaughter withdrawal, Z Nation had one of their bloodiest weeks. Plus a new species: Blasters.

Okay Alpo.....Sell me on Z Nation...I watched the first episode on Netflix the other night and I didn't like it, yet I see guys on here like yourself, Rhino, and others say that it is a good show....Now I just went north of 50 so I am wondering if I am too old to like it? I love Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead so I know I am not too old for zombies...In 1983 (Halloween it was...They would bring it back every year and the drive in would be full) I saw the original Night of the Living Dead at the New Albany Drive In from the bed of my 72 Chevy pick up truck and loved it...Does Z Nation get better? Am I judging the show too harshly, perhaps because they do not have the budget of TWD franchise?

I want to like it...I really do...Help me find the way...Throw me a bone and convince me to watch another couple of episodes...You too rhino...I want to like it...

Indiucky

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I avoided it all season and then found a night where I didn't want to read a book and nothing else on TV looked interesting. The first episode was "different" than TWD. (the baby was what turned me off in the first place, but it hasn't recurred in any similar way in subsequent episodes. Faster zombies. Stranger situations. Then, they killed off the guy who I thought would be the star of the show!

So, I watched another one, started to become invested in the characters. Watched a few more, then BAM! They kill off another top dog!

The production style takes a little getting used to. The filming is gritty. More guerilla style. The plot is simple. Some episodes there isn't a lot of dialogue. The cast is very good. I always liked DJ Qualls who plays Citizen X up in the Arctic He's from Memphis Beat which was a terrific show that got cancelled (My name is Earl guy sings Elvis and does fantastic at it). 10 K is a heckova sniper. Doc is an old hippy. And Murphy. Keith Allan reminds me of House, if you were ever forced to sit through that show by the female members of your household. Funny, cynical, sarcastic.

Z Nation isn't as "serious" as TWD in many ways, but they experiment a lot more with plots and they kill a whole bunch more zombies.

ymmv

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I avoided it all season and then found a night where I didn't want to read a book and nothing else on TV looked interesting. The first episode was "different" that TWD. Faster zombies. Stranger situations. Then, they killed of the guy who I thought would be the star of the show!

So, I watched another one, started to become invested in the characters. Watched a few more, then BAM! They kill off another top dog!

The production style takes a little getting used to. The filming is gritting. More guerilla style. The plot is simple. Some episodes there isn't a lot of dialogue. The cast is very good. I always liked DJ Qualls as Citizen X up in the Arctic is from Memphis Beat. 10 K is a heckova sniper. Doc is an old hippy. And Murphy. Keith Allan reminds me of House, if you were ever forced to sit through that show by the female members of your household. Funny, cynical, sarcastic.

Z Nation isn't as "serious" as TWD in many ways, but they experiment a lot more with plots and they kill a whole bunch more zombies.

ymmv

Thanks....It's on netflix so it ain't like I am paying for it (like I do the others)....Our Sunday's can be kind of weird so I just download all of the TWD and FTWD onto my xbox and watch them live first and then recap them on Monday's (shop closed day) during the day when the Mrs and the youngun ain't around and I can crank up the volume....:)

From upstairs...

Wife-"GEARY....We are trying to sleep and we hear Zombies growling!!!!! TURN IT DOWN!!!!!!!"

Me-"WHAT? I can't hear you....There are Zombies growling and I told you I messed up my hearing dove hunting 7 days a week back in the 90's with no hearing protection on...I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED AND YOU WERE COOL WITH IT THEN!!!!!"

:)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not your age ... I'm fiddy also.

I was hooked by the zombie baby who took out the last living Delta Force operator.

Okay Alpo.....Sell me on Z Nation...I watched the first episode on Netflix the other night and I didn't like it, yet I see guys on here like yourself, Rhino, and others say that it is a good show....Now I just went north of 50 so I am wondering if I am too old to like it? I love Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead so I know I am not too old for zombies...In 1983 (Halloween it was...They would bring it back every year and the drive in would be full) I saw the original Night of the Living Dead at the New Albany Drive In from the bed of my 72 Chevy pick up truck and loved it...Does Z Nation get better? Am I judging the show too harshly, perhaps because they do not have the budget of TWD franchise?

I want to like it...I really do...Help me find the way...Throw me a bone and convince me to watch another couple of episodes...You too rhino...I want to like it...

Indiucky

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's not your age ... I'm fiddy also.

I was hooked by the zombie baby who took out the last living Delta Force operator.

Dude you are a hoot.....Whenever I need a grin I just picture you throwing down your pistol in the dirt during a "New York Reload" and just think...."Rhino is my hero...Maybe I need to rethink these fancy revolvers I carry..."

I ALMOST did it the other day at the farm and I just couldn't do it......And that was in GRASS!!!!!!

You the man bro....:)

Rhino is just a big old sucker for zombie babies....Who knew.....:cool:

d325c98f3fb341da6dcb7fd039e483ad.jpg

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Indiucky

BEER!:cheers: LOTS AND LOTS OF BEER!:cheers::cheers::cheers::alcoholic::alcoholic:

As with any television and/or movie endeavor you can turn the smelliest piece of :poop: into an academy award masterpiece with the correct libations.

I watched some stupid shark movie (no, not Sharknadow) many years ago and it as only after about three (3) or four (4) beers that it became the funniest, most enjoyable movie of the night. I took 10 cents from a friends kid betting on who would survive and who would get eaten.

Also, in the olden days I was told that pot could also make any move great. However, I didn't try pot until I went to Amsterdam, so I don't know about that part.

Does that answer your question?:40oz:

Doug

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Indiucky

The other episodes are better than the first one. It's a unique flavor of show. Gotta love it when Doc, the old hippie, blows pot smoke in the face of a Z and gets stoned with it, lol. It's become one of my favorite "no think" shows.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The other episodes are better than the first one. It's a unique flavor of show. Gotta love it when Doc, the old hippie, blows pot smoke in the face of a Z and gets stoned with it, lol. It's become one of my favorite "no think" shows.

Wait what? A zombie get stoned?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Actually, a stadium full of zombies, with govt-issue chains and locks on the doors, is much more significant than what it holds. It means that the govt is mainly responsible for the deaths of lots of registered voters...

But demographically it's mostly liberal voters... so what were we talking about?

;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

BEER!:cheers: LOTS AND LOTS OF BEER!:cheers::cheers::cheers::alcoholic::alcoholic:

As with any television and/or movie endeavor you can turn the smelliest piece of :poop: into an academy award masterpiece with the correct libations.

I watched some stupid shark movie (no, not Sharknadow) many years ago and it as only after about three (3) or four (4) beers that it became the funniest, most enjoyable movie of the night. I took 10 cents from a friends kid betting on who would survive and who would get eaten.

Also, in the olden days I was told that pot could also make any move great. However, I didn't try pot until I went to Amsterdam, so I don't know about that part.

Does that answer your question?:40oz:

Doug

As always....Bourbon appears to be the answer.....:yesway::)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude you are a hoot.....Whenever I need a grin I just picture you throwing down your pistol in the dirt during a "New York Reload" and just think...."Rhino is my hero...Maybe I need to rethink these fancy revolvers I carry..."

I ALMOST did it the other day at the farm and I just couldn't do it......And that was in GRASS!!!!!!

You the man bro....:)

Rhino is just a big old sucker for zombie babies....Who knew.....:cool:

I do my best!

You need to have a revolver in each hand, shoot them dry, drop 'em, and draw another pair!

Top Bottom