• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can not remember if I already posted or not. I'm a huge fan of the AK47 platform. However, if I could only have one rifle. I would have to go with the AR/M4 platform. Reason being, is because you can change the upper and have multiple calibers in one platform.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love my AR but in a one gun world, I'd probably go with either an SKS or AK due to durability. I'm assuming that one gun means that there are no parts to fix it if it breaks and no ability to buy new uppers in different flavors. Now, if it's a situation where parts are plentiful and the law simply says that we can pick one, and only one, forever, then the AR would look pretty good.

I'd have trouble giving up the 1911s though. If I had to choose one handgun, it would probably be my full size Springfield 1911. I love my Kimbers, but I think the steel frame on the full size would outlast the aluminum frame on the Kimbers I have.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The 10/22 can be used to hunt, practice, and if necessary, defend one's self with. Good choice!

I would second the GP100, probably a 6-incher and get inventive with the holster. Good sight radius for 100+ yards, plenty of OOMPH and can be loaded down for plinking/fun shooting.

I concur!!! The Ruger 10/22 is probably the best choice...whereas the Ruger GP100 4" in .357 will do a better job at both personal/home defense as well as bringing home some chow!

Top Bottom