FBI Seizes Couple's Life-Savings Without Charging Them of Crime…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    @BigRed the tee is set high…

That's a fantastic reason to never make anything of yourself and accumulate wealth! Why work hard and amass a fortune if the gov will just come and take it? Stay poor and depend on the handouts. :nuts:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This type of activity decreases when you remove qualified immunity
    Doubt it. You assume you understand the though process of those in LE while in the process of their duties and the 42 U.S.C 1983 lawsuits that can result. Mine took 7 years to decide that my QI kicked in. Initially, the Federal Judge denied it and it took the 7th Circuit to decide otherwise. Then the SCOTUS denied hearing the case so the 7th Circuit's decision held. That was JUST for handcuffing an armed suspect who died of a heart attack while handcuffed. The mere fact that I handcuffed him was what the lawyers were attacking me. It took 7 years to decide my QI and dismiss the case. Just for handcuffing someone that was going to jail. I was 100% legal and within policy. Why can't I have QI? I was doing the job EXACTLY as the taxpayers wanted/expected. They don't pay us enough to afford the type of insurance that Dr carry, specifically, high risk medical (surgery, anesthesiologists, etc). If I acted outside the scope of my authority, policy, or law, then QI won't attach. It's NOT automatic. It's an easy mantra to chant but in it's way more complicated in reality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doubt it. You assume you understand the though process of those in LE while in the process of their duties and the 42 U.S.C 1983 lawsuits that can result. Mine took 7 years to decide that my QI kicked in. Initially, the Federal Judge denied it and it took the 7th Circuit to decide otherwise. Then the SCOTUS denied hearing the case so the 7th Circuit's decision held. That was JUST for handcuffing an armed suspect who died of a heart attack while handcuffed. The mere fact that I handcuffed him was what the lawyers were attacking me. It took 7 years to decide my QI and dismiss the case. Just for handcuffing someone that was going to jail. I was 100% legal and within policy. Why can't I have QI? I was doing the job EXACTLY as the taxpayers wanted/expected. They don't pay us enough to afford the type of insurance that Dr carry, specifically, high risk medical (surgery, anesthesiologists, etc). If I acted outside the scope of my authority, policy, or law, then QI won't attach. It's NOT automatic. It's an easy mantra to chant but in it's way more complicated in reality.
    I mean as long as you didn't tune him up while in handcuffs, not that you would, I don't see a reason why you should be accountable for that at all. If he doesn't want to have a heart attack while in handcuffs, maybe don't do stuff that gets you put in handcuffs while having a heart condition.

But, while chasing a suspect through my lawn, you shoot my dog, break my ****, yeah I'm suing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Did your union pick up the tab? Were you still allowed to patrol why the case played out? Seven years is a long time. I'm sure it's not worth the effort (or allowed) to file a counter suit for having your career sullied, reputation and/or income. It sucks it takes so long to resolve what should be easy to resolve.

As to this thread, civil asset forfeiture is blatant theft.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If it is stored locally in a wallet they can,and have. Billions worth actually.
    But bitcoin is magical and fixed all the problems.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks for staying the course. I appreciate your work. And QI, like many things, works best when implemented by people with good sense and no particular bias. That is to say it will continue to be imperfect and implemented the same way.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Locally I would agree with you. On the federal level from DC, the system is rigged. Too many judges shaking hands with decision makers in the alphabet agencies.

Top Bottom