• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    But the cities that have high gun crimes live next to states that have little or no gun laws...:dunno:

If your number one plan doesn't work, i.e. crappy gun laws in big cities, blame the stupid rednecks next door...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Im a recently returned student and I had to do a paper last semester on it,...the department of justice did a study in 2009 of all inmate records....and of ALL violent crimes committed only something like 7% was a GUN used.....furthermore, OF THAT 7% around 80% of the weapons were obtained from FTF transactions or other illegal means

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Never forget that gun control is not about guns, it's about control. There isn't anyone involved in gun control efforts that isn't a devout statist.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    But the cities that have high gun crimes live next to states that have little or no gun laws...:dunno:

If your number one plan doesn't work, i.e. crappy gun laws in big cities, blame the stupid rednecks next door...

If it keeps the Bad Guys away I'm happy to be the Stupid Redneck next door!:patriot:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will handle this.

It just isn't true. I don't care what the facts are. You are all simply wrong. I will have my willing accomplices in the press just ignore the whole thing. If I can say cold weather is due to global warming. I can deny this as well.

There. That wasn't hard.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    But wait ... how is it even possible???

Criminals buy their guns at the local gun shop so crime and gun sales should be related right?

;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Never forget that gun control is not about guns, it's about control. There isn't anyone involved in gun control efforts that isn't a devout statist.

Sadly, yes there are. There are those who are ignorant and can be educated. These are the people who OCers expect to meet, who may actually want to talk and think they're going to stop their "foolish behavior". They are the same people who we CCers may encounter if we accidentally are "made", so we may have the same opportunities. Be on your "A" game, folks. You may just make a difference today.

It is said that when an honest man who is mistaken is shown the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest. I am of the opinion that the majority of people are basically honest, ergo, there is great potential for those people to cease to be mistaken.

Blessings,
    Bill

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I will handle this.

It just isn't true. I don't care what the facts are. You are all simply wrong. I will have my willing accomplices in the press just ignore the whole thing. If I can say cold weather is due to global warming. I can deny this as well.

There. That wasn't hard.
    Thanks Expat!!
    I'm glad you straightened that up for us.
    I was afraid no one would stick up for the libtards. :D

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Sadly, yes there are. There are those who are ignorant and can be educated. These are the people who OCers expect to meet, who may actually want to talk and think they're going to stop their "foolish behavior". They are the same people who we CCers may encounter if we accidentally are "made", so we may have the same opportunities. Be on your "A" game, folks. You may just make a difference today.

It is said that when an honest man who is mistaken is shown the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest. I am of the opinion that the majority of people are basically honest, ergo, there is great potential for those people to cease to be mistaken.

Blessings,
    Bill

You are correct.

I was unclear.

My statement was regarding the full-time Brady Campaign, MAIG, IANSA, etc. types, not the poor sods who they've brainwashed with their propaganda. The average Joe on the street, if allowed unfiltered, factual, logical information, can be shown the truth in such matters. I've had several opportunities to answer questions without malice or hyperbole with great success. Even if the person didn't feel it was something they could do, they understood the logic and motivation behind my decision to carry.

Living I the PRB however, I kept such information to myself most times, lest I start a stampede for the courthouse square for the organization of yet another protest.

Which is why I now live in Evansville.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Im a recently returned student and I had to do a paper last semester on it,...the department of justice did a study in 2009 of all inmate records....and of ALL violent crimes committed only something like 7% was a GUN used.....furthermore, OF THAT 7% around 80% of the weapons were obtained from FTF transactions or other illegal means

Hey now, there's nothing illegal about FTF transactions...yet. Why are you being such a statist, statist? ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You are correct.

I was unclear.

My statement was regarding the full-time Brady Campaign, MAIG, IANSA, etc. types, not the poor sods who they've brainwashed with their propaganda. The average Joe on the street, if allowed unfiltered, factual, logical information, can be shown the truth in such matters. I've had several opportunities to answer questions without malice or hyperbole with great success. Even if the person didn't feel it was something they could do, they understood the logic and motivation behind my decision to carry.

Living I the PRB however, I kept such information to myself most times, lest I start a stampede for the courthouse square for the organization of yet another protest.

Which is why I now live in Evansville.
    And mine was more generally directed; though I answered you, the post was more along the "something to keep in mind" lines.

I posted some months ago about going to my daughter's house for something or other and in the course of the visit, while sitting on the couch, my shirt having ridden up. One of her roommates' did a
    shocked.gif
    and asked, "is that a gun?"

I replied calmly, "mmhmm." <pause> "and you've never seen me without one."

jawdrop.gif

Suddenly, it wasn't so scary to have this thing she'd just noticed in her living room, once she thought about the fact that the guy who had it had been there doing various "fix-it" projects, brought food when they were low, etc. Despite being raised in Chicago and wanting to be a teacher like her mother, suddenly all the paranoia and propaganda fell away and she could see clearly to the truth.

Now, I'm not saying she instantly wanted to go get her LTCH and was ready to head to Knob Creek, but the door that prior to that would have been firmly locked was now open. It's a slow process, but in this case, it happened without any real effort. I was just me. I lived my life normally, but when the opportunity came, I took full advantage of it and opened a mind.

Blessings,
    Bill

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    “You’ve got states with weaker laws right at the border and have populations that are constantly coming in and out,” Brewer said. “Chicago is right next to Indiana, which has almost no gun laws.

If only that were true. The FBI did the spin at the end ans said that the statistics are "misleading".

We as gun owners are responsible for knowing the laws as best as possible, and need to "armed" for any situation that may arise to inform and educate not only the anit-gun sheeple but also the gun owners who don't want to take to the time to learn the law.

Thanks for posting the article.

Top Bottom