• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Bit of a threadjack, but the 2012 World Beer Cup judging finished 10 minutes ago and Indiana breweries won a total of 8 medals - so 8 of the world's best beers this year are brewed somewhere in your neck of the woods and may just end up being your new favorite summer beer!

For the record (excluding ours), I'll probably be drinking some Belgian Red from New Glarus this summer...

I drink your beer year round lol.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Never been that much of a beer guy, but local, I like Sheet Metal Blonde when I can find it, otherwise Arrogant Bastard or Double Bastard (I don't get to keep my keys). Ales more than anything, but Baltika #3 is good, too.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I recently had ShockTop lemon and orange. Both good beers. Also, if you haven't had a bud chelada, you are missing out on something good. I get those sporadically and mostly drink whatever is on sale. PBR and Old Style if I had to choose.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    bells oberon or shock top. or sun king cream ale. or flat 12 walkabout. should i keep going?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    "Orange Blossom"- Yes! I have tried that. I may have to revisit that brew. My wife liked it too. As I remember, I had the OB after a number of killer pale ales (think high alcohol %)...:D

Mixing in your own lemonade? Hmm, I may have to try that...Appeals to my normally frugal self (wife inserts "cheap ba$tard")

Ultimate summer beer?=Keystone Light and a splash of generic lemonade!

Just bottled a pale ale today, trying to get the umph to bottle a common. Have a 60 minute clone ready to go.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Summer Shandy or Mich Ultra.

ETA: NOTHING is better than an ICE COLD Coors Light when it's 90 degrees out Memorial Day weekend listening to the Indy 500. That's about the only time I ever drink it though.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    If you don't drink Sun King Cream Ale (not a seasonal), then you're an awful person and a terrorist.

I really like Oberon Ale as a fine summer one.

I just had my first taste of Newcastle's Summer Ale. I thought it was pretty good.

I don't count Leiny's Shady because it is more candy than beer. I love it but I'm just sayin'.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For the record (excluding ours), I'll probably be drinking some Belgian Red from New Glarus this summer...

Ditto. But I wish I had some of their Berlinerweisse left. I like a low alcohol sour beer instead of the insipid beverages chocked with citrus juice and spices.

Top Bottom