• ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I have a 60 and a 10/22.

I got the 60 when I was 12, so it is probably my favorite. I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds have been thru that rifle.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Well, I've GOT a couple of 60's, sort of. The first my dad bought from the muncie n kmart in about 68 or 69. I spent many days with it along the Mississinewa river south of Albany. He gave it to me, and I soon after passed it on to my youngest, who, of the two, has more fun and is thus better with a .22. The older has one that I won at a raffle. I managed to come up with two H&R .410's, and one year at christmas, told them both they each had a rifle and a shotgun now. The younger still likes to shoot hers whenever she is out at my dad's and thinks of it. So is spends lots of its time out there. The elder is just now getting into the fun of shooting again. Thanks to her boyfriend and his :rolleyes: Sigma .40. I know, I know, lots of people like them, I'm just not one of them. Anyhoo, till they get out of the Antichrist's house (their mother) and get their own place, I'll just hold on to the long guns for them.

My OWN favorite? Still gotta be the 336A. Shoots great, doesn't kick like my little Winchester 94 did, and reaches out and touches them. I am so hoping they legalize them for deer before I'm too old to hunt.....

I think you'll get your wish. Theres just way too many of the critters anymore.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I would have to say the M1 Garand. I don't think there is a gun that is more fun to shoot. The 'ping' is one of the best parts about it.

And beyond that there is a lot of history behind it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a Mossberg model 144 .22Lr bolt gun. This has to be my favorite, at least in the .22Lr variety. Being a bolt, it's not as quick as a semi, but MUCH more accurate. I used to win bets by "plinking" green walnuts laid out about 100 yards ahead.

My first .22Lr was a Marlin model 60, and I really wish I still had it. Just two years ago I purchased a new 10/22, just to have another .22Lr semi, but I'd still like to have that old Marlin back.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I love my marlin 60. nothing is more accurate with open sights. bought mine from a gun store several years ago trying to start a modest collection. best gun for the money. I also got mine cheap because the action was "gritty" . a little bit of cleaning and good as new. thinking about a scope... any suggestions for a tight budget??

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    marlin glenfield model 60 /12 yrs old shot it all the time still have it .used to take it canoeing all the time stock got wet and finish came off my grandma saw it and stripped it and restained it. I always wanted to grind the squirrel off the stock ,now not so much... kind of grows on ya

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence
    My old Winchester Model 67. Even though a single shot, she's still a ton of fun with iron sights and all...

My favorite centerfire has got to be my Kimber 84M Classic Select in 257 Roberts. Beautiful gun with tons of class!

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm young, and still getting started, but my favorite, so far, is one i lusted over for quite some time, and when the time came that i had the cash to bring her home, I picked up a Savage MKII Target. I love the rifle, she has looks, she has style, she can perform.

however, the first rifle i built, a sporterized Mosin M44, yes, I know, a Mosin, will always hold a special place in my heart.

jimd46902

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    Mine is a Marlin 39A that my Dad bought me when I was 11...I am 54 now and I shot my limit with the same rifle most days of squirrel season 2009.
    Jim

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    Back in 75', I was ten..., and for Christmas got a Remington 582..., a .22 rifle (it was a "Ralphy Red Rider" moment before Ralphy existed). Chambered in short, long, and long-rifle, it was and still is a beautiful gun..., I still have it.

Much to my disghust..., Grandpa insisted I use "CB" caps for shooting and hunting (not cool for a kid that age).

It took me a few years..., but Grandpa wasn't so dumb after all. See, we were squirrel hunters mostly. Hit a squirrel with a .22LR and good luck finding the thing. Hit a squirrel in the head with CB cap..., and hello dinner (they drop like flies, believe me).

You usually have to shoot them again, in the head, once they hit the ground, but no one out there is going to dispel my belief in the "stopping" power of a "relatively" slow moving projectile. I've lived it and seen the results..., which is probably why I'm such a big fan of the 1911 and the .45ACP round. Slow works. Slow and big works every time.

Cool thread..., I've enjoyed all the postings.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This is really a hard one to answer. If I was forced to narrow it down, I would have to go with the Remington 7400 that I purchased new when they first came out in the mid 1980s. Softest shooting 30-06 I have ever shot, and back in the good old days when I had a 500 yard setup in my back yard, had no problem keeping it on paper with just the iron sights.

These days, I have to agree that the Marlin 60 is up top as mine has become a sewer pipe for ammo that my other semi-auto .22LRs don't like. Then there is the 10/22 with a Choate pistol grip stock... On the other hand my favorite because it is rare is my Steyr AUG, of course an AR-15, or AK variant....

Fun post and interesting how that inexpensive Marlin 60 keeps popping up!

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    first gun I ever shot is still my favorite, Ruger 77/22 with a Leupold mounted on it... although my Mosin Nagant 91/30 and Marlin 336 in 30/30 are great as well

Top Bottom