• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    What are your favorite pro-gun/pro-defense quotes, mottos, statements, etc.?

Examples:

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

"My right to carry is what protects your right to tell me that I shouldn't"

etc.

Looking for ideas for flyers, signs, banners, etc. I've seen tons that I like, but can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    "Just step out on the balcony with your double-barreled shotgun and fire two shots in the air. I guarantee that'll solve the problem."

"It better, because now your gun is empty *********."

-Dobber

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And you can quote me.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Edward Abbey miscellaney:

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

“The rifle and handgun are 'equalizers' -- the weapons of a democracy. Tanks and bombers represent dictatorship.”

“The tank, the B-52, the fighter-bomber, the state-controlled police and military are the weapons of dictatorship. The rifle is the weapon of democracy. Not for nothing was the revolver called an "equalizer.”

“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”

“Grown men do not need leaders.”

“If America could be, once again, a nation of self-reliant farmers, craftsmen, hunters, ranchers, and artists, then the rich would have little power to dominate others. Neither to serve nor to rule: That was the American dream.”

“Hard times are a-coming, and people without useful, practical skills are going to suffer. Or suffer most.”

“I hate and fear violence myself, have always avoided barroom brawls, and tho' I'm a bit of a gun-nut, and a member of the NRA, I never shoot at anything but beer cans and mule deer. (In season.) And seldom hit either, except by accident.”

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    Not STRICTLY "gun" but kindred if you will - just a few of my favorites:

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Patrick Rothfuss

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.”

Noah Webster

“In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

Mark Twain

"And armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life "

Robert A Heinlein

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly . . . who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst knows, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Voltaire

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.”

(A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.)

Lucius Annaeus Seneca “The Younger” , circa 45 AD

“There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism—government. Lord Acton said power corrupts. Surely then, if this is true, the more power we give the government the more corrupt it will become. And if we give it the power to confiscate our arms we also give up the ultimate means to combat that corrupt power. In doing so we can only assure that we will eventually be totally subject to it.”

Ronald Reagan

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    "Don't care about statistics as long as me and mine are safe"

Ok, so that's not a quote per-say, just something I say a lot.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    My Favorite...

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    "if you heard the BANG, it wasnt meant for you"

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not"- Thomas Jefferson

"Those who trade liberty for security will have neither"- John Adams

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

"Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them."

"Gun control isnt about guns, its about control."

"You only have the rights you are willing to fight for."

"Know guns, know peace, know safety...no guns, no peace, no safety,"

"You dont shoot to kill, you shoot to stay alive."

"Assault is a behavior, not a device."

"64, 999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday."

"The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All rights reserved."

"The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others."

"Guns only have two enemys....rust and politicians."

"When you remove the peoples right to bear arms, you create slaves."

"The American Revolution would have never happened if there had been gun control."

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    The assailant decides when the attack is over, you can simply help him to arrive at that decision faster.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

Hence, we should have the power in this country... Which I used to believe was true.

ALSO below.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason, Co-author of the Second Amendment

Both Oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms. Aristotle

Top Bottom