• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jhampton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Researching and knowing I've got the next gun I truly want in my collection and learning how everything with the gun functions.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I like going through the background check. I love the moment when I am approved by the government and realize how much I'm liked by those at the federal level. What they are saying is that I'm a law-abiding citizen whom they appreciate and respect as a citizen. They are telling me they appreciate my safe handling of my guns and the example I set at the range, at home and in training classes. Yes, there is no better part of the gun buying process than hearing the salesperson say, "Approved!" It just makes me feel all warm inside.

Que?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I can look at the gun at the shop but when I get home and put it down on the desk and just sit there for 15 minutes admiring it. That's my favorite part.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Tough call between that first drop from the helicopter or digging it from the mud after a month and sending 2K rounds downrange as fast as I can.

master*photog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Mooresville
    My favorite part, regarding my revolvers, is sending them to a quality gunsmith for customization. Sights, trigger job, grip, barrel banding, etc.

My least favorite part is having it gone for several months.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I like to stand in front of the mirror and recreate the scene from Taxi Driver "you talking to me?? You talking to me? Well I'm the only one here so you must be talking to me!"

Maybe some Scarface "Say hello to my lil friend!"

Then I practice my quick draws and twirling it on one finger. I like how cool it looks when I hold it side ways and yell "Get some, fool!" at the mirror.

I probably should have typed that in purple, because someone reading this is thinking "What an irresponsible gun owner! He's breaking every one of the rules! It's idiots like this that make the rest of us look bad!"

My wife always rolls her eyes when I bring something new home because she knows what follows: 5 extra mags, 3 new holsters, night sights, trigger job, maybe some new grips, a surge in ammo consumption...

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I enjoy researching the potential guns on the internet and reading peoples opinion on forums. Then I will head to the lgs and handle as many of the prospects I can and make my final decision based on my personal perception of the guns.
    Then when I get home I usually tear it down and give it a good cleaning and head out to the back yard to test it out.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I like knowing I can go buy the gun I want..after thinking about what I want the gun for. I don't have any doubt about the background check..I like the shooting, handling parts too but I like knowing it's MINE best. I made the decision, I picked it out and I paid for it..MINE, mine, mine lol

Top Bottom