• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I went through the competitive phase of melting my face off and am done with that. The Lazy Flamingo, on Sanibel IS., Fla has wings called 'Dead Parrot Wings" that come with a warning. The stuff is like napalm, thick and deep. Now I prefer

Tabasco(all versions)
    Chilpotle
    Cholula (all versions)

Considering the lengthy process to make Tabasco (aged and all), it's really a bargain.
    I've found the cheaper the hot sauce, the higher the salt content. Compare Louisiana and Tabasco.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm not sure why so many ppl love Sriracha. Seems like I could mix some water and chili powder to get the same thing.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    My go to are:

Tobasco
    Sriracha
    Franks
    QFT.

Been there / done that with the 'how hot of a sauce can I stomach?' red habanero thing in my younger days. Ends up being a 'burns your mouth so much ya don't taste anything' thing.

Guess ya could go with the Carolina Reaper, but it appears no one has ever actually tasted one, LOL...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Tabasco's got a short half life. Franks creeps up on you and sticks with you a while.

Whatever the hell that guy uses on the ghost chili pepper jerky (at the 1500) is THE BOMB! I need to find out what brand he uses if it's a sauce (and not actual chili's)

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It's not really hot sauce as such, but my favorite for tacos, nachos, enchiladas, and lots of other Mexican food is good old Pace hot Picante...

Love Pace's Hot Picante as my go to substitution for salsa. I cover everything else in El Yucateco chile habanero xxxtra hot sauce. I cannot seem to get enough of it.

Top Bottom