• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Seems to me that dummies would need safety levers and DA triggers to keep from shooting their big toe off.

In fact, when a man asks for a recommendation for a striker fired pistol and gets hammer fired guns as a response, it's clear to see who the real dummies are.

View attachment 380683

Let me guess...you think pineapple belongs on pizza, too.

:):
    In before @Creedmoor shows up to ask why you don't want a manual safety! :lmfao:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    HK P30L LEM oh wit that’s hammer

I mean really pick one you can’t go wrong with a Glock 47/17MOS or even 34 S&W M&P CZp10 HK VP9 Springfield Eschilon lots of options

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never seen an argument about striker vs hammer fired before. The terms "Dummies" and "Fudds" got into the conversation pretty quickly also.

I just surveyed my current handguns. I don't even have any that are striker fired. That would be evidence against me. I didn't even know I had anything against them. I know I have had some striker fired in the past, but they got traded off. I am sure being striker fired is not why.

I guess I have always been more of the "how do I properly use this piece of equipment" type.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Now I am thinking. The Hammer on a Browning Buck Mark is totally enclosed in the slide, even though it pivots in the grip frame. It looks like a striker fired handgun until you strip it down. Which camp is it in?

I have not finished my first coffee yet, this is getting complicated <grin>

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Now I am thinking. The Hammer on a Browning Buck Mark is totally enclosed in the slide, even though it pivots in the grip frame. It looks like a striker fired handgun until you strip it down. Which camp is it in?

I have not finished my first coffee yet, this is getting complicated <grin>
    It’s a hammer fired. Like an FN5.7, internal hammer.
    I have never seen an argument about striker vs hammer fired before. The terms "Dummies" and "Fudds" got into the conversation pretty quickly also.
    Yea you can call me a dummy but don’t call me a fudd.

• Haha
    Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom