• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Don't like striker fired. My pick a 1911 Tisas B9BA sent to Allen for a complete replace of internal parts, barrel, night sights and checkering of front strap. Much cheaper than Colt or Dan Wesson. Will keep 10 rounds inside a 2" circle at 50 yards from a Ransom Rest.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Seen the Glock 17 mentioned a couple times, but not the Glock 45.
    This is my pick for a duty size striker fired.

Now for the "why".... that was part of the question. You get the same full sized grip, and 17 rd mag, but the Glock 19 length slide and barrel is much easier to live with in the holster when you sit in the seat of a vehicle. Being a duty sized weapon, we're talking OTW carry, 3 o'clock, most likely. (probably even a retention holster) Vehicle seats tend to go up on the sides, and will poke up on the bottom of the holster of longer barreled guns, forcing the rear sight into you. This will also make a seated draw much more difficult.

Mine is not optics ready, but any competent gunsmith can make it so. In fact, I have been contemplating just that, as I need to install suppressor height sights anyhow.

Here's my filthy workhorse...
    45 with can.JPG

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It’s sort of funny how a Fudd or dummy label gets thrown at someone because the type of firearm. I have seen some guys that carried a 1911 Commander as a LEO that would run a 5X5x5 drill on a 3x5 card in 2.5 seconds with almost every round touching.

Something 3/4th of the label callers would not be able to do.

I was told by a Glock agency my HK45 LEM wasn’t a good duty gun yet during a Bakersfield qual I run the mid 90’s and the ground hog (what the Deputies department nickname is as he like a groundhog ducks into a hole at the first sign of trouble) with his Glock can only score mid 60’s before deductions and runs high 40’s mid 50’s.

If people could accept it’s the driver not the car that’d be great!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was gonna ask if the G45 was considered full sized or not?

In the modern day with MOS cuts and RDS becoming the standard, the need for a longer slide to make for longer iron sight radius precision is eliminated.

I have not shot my G45MOS enough to feel the "magic" of the short slide/spring, combined with the full sized grip, but I know it shoots well.

I have a 509T on my G45. It makes for a good shooting system, but the "mailbox" on top the gun makes for a tougher to conceal and carry package.

Hoping to swap slides with my G19, that wears the lower profile SCS, to see if that makes a differerence?

:dunno:

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Duty Pistol needs to be simple not a hot rod. Lugging around a all metal paperweight for hours is not my idea of fun.

Gen 5 G17 or G45 MOS optic of choice and a good light. Tons of holster choices and it goes bang almost every time.

I CC a G45.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It’s sort of funny how a Fudd or dummy label gets thrown at someone because the type of firearm. I have seen some guys that carried a 1911 Commander as a LEO that would run a 5X5x5 drill on a 3x5 card in 2.5 seconds with almost every round touching.

Something 3/4th of the label callers would not be able to do.

I was told by a Glock agency my HK45 LEM wasn’t a good duty gun yet during a Bakersfield qual I run the mid 90’s and the ground hog (what the Deputies department nickname is as he like a groundhog ducks into a hole at the first sign of trouble) with his Glock can only score mid 60’s before deductions and runs high 40’s mid 50’s.

If people could accept it’s the driver not the car that’d be great!
    Funny thing about those label callers, they never post what they own and run.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Don't like striker fired. My pick a 1911 Tisas B9BA sent to Allen for a complete replace of internal parts, barrel, night sights and checkering of front strap. Much cheaper than Colt or Dan Wesson. Will keep 10 rounds inside a 2" circle at 50 yards from a Ransom Rest.
    "It's a great gun, once I replaced everything"

I vote CZ p10. Love my "c" model but the "f" is more betterer.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If I was to purchase a full size striker fired 9mm at the moment it would be the Walther PDP SD PRO. I still may as it’s suppressor ready and the trigger on that pistol is unbelievable!!!!
    I still say you need overwatch to help you with your poor decisions.
    Just check it for scratches like some of the others you have bought.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I'm a big fan of Sig, but have been really impressed by the Beretta APX A1 that I bought recently. It shoots smooth and straight.

Top Bottom