• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Don't boo me.....Swisher Sweet Wood tips FTW. I quit smoking any type of good cigar as I always inhale them and a good hour long cigar left me coughing for two days. At least with the Swisher you don't feel bad when you throw it out because you are sick of it.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Joya de Nicaraguas are a great smoke when they are good. There a few years they were spotty and other years, hard to find. I can't really pick a favorite as I like to smoke a variety of smokes. The Rocky Patels are always good.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I would also have to say that my unsophisticated pallet prefers the black & mild. But I also like Oliver wine, miller lite and white castle. But for some reason I like expensive women, go figure.:)

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I don't smoke cigarettes at all but I love to have a Gurkha Grand Reserve on occasion. Unfotunately, I can't find them in Indy anywhere.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My "go to" cigar is the shaggy footed Tabac Especial Robusto Negra. Fairly mild but full of flavor, a bit on the sweet side but not a candy cigar. Its a serious cigar that is easy to smoke, very well made, and satisfying. If I don't know what I want, its the cigar I grab. But as often as not, it is what I crave.

If I'm looking for a really serious cigar I'll grab a La Gloria Cubana Serie R #7. Big, robust and bold. Its not for the timid and will knock you on your butt if you are not used to a real cigar. Smaller in size, but another great option for a serious cigar is the La Aroma De Cuba. I love those too, and apparently I'm in pretty good company, it was also the favorite brand of Winston Churchill. Hard to find and fairly expensive they are worth it when you can find them.

When I'm looking for something a bit lighter, at a lower cost, I'll grab a Don Tomas Cameroon Perfecto. The brand is under-rated and far better than most others in the same price class, for less than $6 a stick, they are hard to beat.

By the way, since you are in Crown Point, if you are ever free at lunchtime on Wednesday, you may want to see this thread => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html There is a small group of us who get together on Wednesday's for cigars at lunchtime. Sometimes its only 2 of us, sometimes there may be 10 of us, but usually 4 to 6 show up.

Von Sidhe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Crown Point
    By the way, since you are in Crown Point, if you are ever free at lunchtime on Wednesday, you may want to see this thread => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html There is a small group of us who get together on Wednesday's for cigars at lunchtime. Sometimes its only 2 of us, sometimes there may be 10 of us, but usually 4 to 6 show up.

Will do if im ever in the are for lunch, have u ever been to karma cigars in Merrillville, great selection, not much sitting area tho. I would say my go to cigar is a CAO gold natural.

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I don't smoke them...but the girls at my work make fun of me because when I open the case they're all kept in I LOVE the smell....

I try to be a little more subtle in my deep breathing when I open in now :whistle:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Will do if im ever in the are for lunch, have u ever been to karma cigars in Merrillville, great selection, not much sitting area tho. I would say my go to cigar is a CAO gold natural.

Karma is east of the Pine Island Pit Stop store a few miles. Great selection of cigars, in fact they have the best selection in the county. I am not a fan of that lounge, its about as comfortable as an airport waiting area.

I actually own the small and casual Pit Stop Smoke Shop & Lounge, I'm also one of the owners of the more traditional/formal 1101 Cigar Lounge in Schererville on US30 about 1/3 of a mile west of Tiebel's Restaurant. We opened it up about 6 weeks ago and are still working on stocking the humidor. Quite a few Karma customers have been in and seem to like 1101 better, but again, Karma does have the better selection of cigars.

About every 6 weeks or so we have been having INGO Cigar Nights at the Pit Stop locations, one of our cigar reps is a pro-gunner but he was just transferred out of the NW Indiana territory and now serves the South Bend area so I'm not sure we'll be having any more of the INGO Cigar Nights.

1101 Cigar Lounge => http://www.1101cigarlounge.com/
    1101-cigar-lounge.jpg

Top Bottom