Favorite quote = "Get to the Chopper!!!"
    And yes the Arnold soundboards on the internet are lots of fun

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Predator. I love that the movie was supposed to be just another AH-nuld vehicle, but the Predator stole the show and gave rise to a whole new character/franchise/cult that has outlasted the film's supposed star. There's also the hand-held Minigun, :wwub: which at the time was something that had never been done in the movies before. "Ol Painless is waitin'..."

True Lies was a clever and refreshing change from the mindless/plotless dreck Ah-nuld is usually involved in.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im a big terminator fan. And believe it to be a prophetic movie. Google Cyberdyne! Theres a whole new world of scary stuff comming in the next 10years.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, one thing. Believe it or not, but one of the dances in high school, they were showing Conan, back when video tapes of commerical movies were still nascent.

All the dudes were sitting around watching Conan. Not sure where the ladies went to. :)

They just kept rewinding it (20 century term) and playing it over and over.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Arnold is an actor...i though he was a government employee of Kalifornia??
    Oh,yea sorry.
    Terminator...he did not have to act to much :)
    Running man was also a classic.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    OK watched the Predator last night...best quote in any movie.

predator_ventura.jpg

(Offering Red Man to the guys in the choppa)
    This stuff will make you a GD sexual tyrannosaur!

I think Ventura showed Ah-nold up in the quotes in that movie.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For all those who keep referencing Arnold's "lack of acting ability," you are missing out on some very fulfilling cinematic entertainment. You are missing the comedy in his movies. I love Arnold's movies and especially his one-liners. I just die laughing when I watch his movies.

Who could forget the time in Predator when Arnold threw a machete through the air and it impaled a Venezuelan tango in Predator, followed by Arnold saying the timeless words, "Stick around!"

How about in Commando when Arnold was trailing his female companion in the mall to make sure she fulfilled her end of the bargain, and he picked the most obvious hiding spot right in the middle of the mall to poke his big head out and peek at her. I laugh at that every time. Or the fact that his name was John Matrix. Lol WIN!!

In the prophetic drama, The Running Man, when Arnold is piloting the helicopter and disobeying orders to kill hungry civilians, he says "ALL DEY WANT IS FOOD FOR GODSAKES!!" LOL

How about in Jingle All The Way, when Arnold discovered his neighbor was at his house alone with his wife, and he said, "Who told you you could eat my cookies?" Hilarious!

How about in Terminator 3 when he was gathering SHTF supplies for his two human companions at the gas station, and when the clerk approached him about not paying, he responded, "Talk to da hand." EPIC!

In the epic Conan da Barbarian, Arnold actually punches a camel in the face and knocks it out!! And when approached by some of the local streetwalkers, he says to his friend, "They're all sluts! eeyaragh..."

In Batman and Robin, Mr. Freeze (played by Arnold) tells Batman to "Chill out!!" Oh the irony!!

How about in Total Recall, when he was wearing a giant high-tech robotic woman suit, which apparently went crazy if it was forced to utter more than one phrase, and started wigging out while repeating the phrase "Two weeks!" Finally the suit unfolded to reveal Arnold's head! Classic!

Or in Total Recall when Arnold is trying hide from the Government agents sent to kill him, he is told (by a video recorded by himself) to wrap a wet towel around his head to scramble the GPS signal emitted from the chip in his brain! LOL!!!

If I want action I'd nominate Terminator 2 as Arnold's best.
    If I want comedy I'd pick up Total Recall.

What is not to like about these movies?? :yesway:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "All I know is that there is somebody in my house, eating my birthday cake, with my family, and its not me!"

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    For all those who keep referencing Arnold's "lack of acting ability," you are missing out on some very fulfilling cinematic entertainment. You are missing the comedy in his movies. I love Arnold's movies and especially his one-liners. I just die laughing when I watch his movies.
    Plus lines from supporting cast, like Jesse Ventura in The Running Man and Predator, and Tom Arnold in True Lies.

Talking to his drunk wife in Raw Deal: "You should not drink...and bake."

Commando: "What IS important, is graaavity. And I warn you, Sully, dis is my weak aaahrm." ..."I let him go."

Latina who turned him in, in The Running Man: "Well you don't have to be the grabber of me! They even think I'm your girlfriend."
    Ahh-nold: "We can fix that right now. I can strangle you for da home audience."

JLC in True Lies: "You ever kill anyone, Harry?"
    Ahh-nold: "Yeah, but dey were all bad."

Top Bottom