• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Fudds are experts in fudd lore. Are we surprised?
    Don’t know if I’m a fudd or not. Are “you” surprised, that I don’t have a clue. (About my fuddness).

But I do know if you are referring to me or my generation you just insulted the generation that assured you the right to say publicly what you just typed in public, without fear of reprisal.

Your welcome, by the way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There has been so much ignorance on social media, that I posted on FB dispelling some of the BS. I was surprised to be thanked by some for explaining the truth. Things like 223 being illegal to hunt with because it is too powerful, exploding, etc.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Don’t know if I’m a fudd or not. Are “you” surprised, that I don’t have a clue. (About my fuddness).

But I do know if you are referring to me or my generation you just insulted the generation that assured you the right to say publicly what you just typed in public, without fear of reprisal.

Your welcome, by the way.
    Easy now...easy... Fudd is a behavior, not an age.
    It becomes more common with aging gun owners (especially the ones who think that no firearm, of any use, was invented after 1920), but there are 20 yr old Fudds, to be sure.
    Fuddism has many different sects...there are Orthodox Fudds, Reformed Fudds, 7th Day Fudds, Latter Day Fudds, just to name a few. They are all practicing Fuddists.
    Even the group I mentioned earlier, known as the Fuddites.

It's not a slur against any particular generation.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    While not relevant to the 5.56mm, I can assure you that we also have weapons designed to wound. The goal is enemy force degradation. Obviously killing someone degrades the unit's combat effectiveness, but so does a serious injury...which also ties up more personnel and logistic channels.

M-14 mines are a great example. Small charge by design, meant to mangle/amputate a foot but not lethally. Now you've got a soldier who can't walk unaided, is a drag on his unit, and is a burden on morale. I was never nervous around big charges. If you accidentally touch off a 40 lb cratering charge you'll never know you did it. The M-14, though, less than 3 lbs of pressure to touch it off and you'll live a long time to regret your error.
    If I recall correctly it was a 3:1 ratio, that’s what we were taught. It takes 3 soldiers to tend one injured soldier.

I believe that is one of the reasons we were agreeable to the use of ball ammo only during the Geneva Convention. I may be mistaken on this point but it’s what I think. JMO

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If I recall correctly it was a 3:1 ratio, that’s what we were taught. It takes 3 soldiers to tend one injured soldier.

I believe that is one of the reasons we were agreeable to the use of ball ammo only during the Geneva Convention. I may be mistaken on this point but it’s what I think. JMO

No idea about GC and ball. I do remember booby trap school at Ft. Leonard Wood, though. Some traps are lethal, some *generally* aren't, some can be either depending on how you employ them. There's some devious stuff out there.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It becomes more common with aging gun owners (especially the ones who think that no firearm, of any use, was invented after 1920), but there are 20 yr old Fudds, to be sure.
    Fuddism has many different sects...there are Orthodox Fudds, Reformed Fudds, 7th Day Fudds, Latter Day Fudds, just to name a few. They are all practicing Fuddists.

Thank you sir, I’ve heard so many definitions I don’t know what to think.

:runaway:

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour

You forgot Elmer

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’m sorry but that woman in the OP video is an idiot! And she is some sort of manager at that gun shop? I just can’t be PC when I hear such misinformed idiocy being spouted out by some half wit pretending to be knowledgeable about firearms in front of a TV camera.
    Seriously? :ugh:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No idea about GC and ball. I do remember booby trap school at Ft. Leonard Wood, though. Some traps are lethal, some *generally* aren't, some can be either depending on how you employ them. There's some devious stuff out there.
    Works for me.

I get wrapped up in the school of thought that (to me anyway) imply the Elmer Fudd thinking is the old guy way of thinking. The only good gun is an old hunting shotgun or some other. You and I know this is not the case.

I’m really concerned about one of the recent mass shooters that used a pump gun. I saw that as a way for (the media) to infringe even further on American freedoms. I’m only glad it died out quickly, wasn’t an evil black whatever. I’m all for keeping it that way. This post will destruct in 30 seconds.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    My dad walked out of a gun shop one time after hearing an employee say “rifle and pistol powder are the same”…on his way out he stopped at the counter and said
    “Quit hiring eye candy and hire people who know what they’re doing before their stupidity gets someone hurt!”

Unless I personally know someone I don’t believe anything a gun shop employee says!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, I don't think either one of those gun counter folks are far off from the average?

Good examples of why you don't learn your firearms knowledge across the gun store counter.

As I'm listening to the Gun Guy on the radio, someone should ask those gun counter workers about dragging the guy you just shot on your front porch into your house, eh?

Make sure you are covered, right?

;)

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Meh, I don't think either one of those gun counter folks are far off from the average?

Good examples of why you don't learn your firearms knowledge across the gun store counter.

As I'm listening to the Gun Guy on the radio, someone should ask those gun counter workers about dragging the guy you just shot on your front porch into your house, eh?

;)

Have not heard that since the 70’s

Thoughts were turn a perfect justification into murder.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    That was difficult to watch, I now have a headache and I'm confused... Demos said that the 5.56 is a high power, dangerous and deadly round. She said it won't kill anything, just wound! Which is it?

The bad thing about that video is that some uninformed people are going to repeat that erroneous drivel and swear that it is fact.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

;)
    When someone came into the gun shop and said that I always asked “have you ever watched CSI?”…and “even as inept as our police department is, what makes you think your smarter?”…and at that point, they’ll ask “why you moved the body…and what are you hiding?”

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When someone came into the gun shop and said that I always asked “have you ever watched CSI?”…and “even as inept as our police department is, what makes you think your smarter?”…and at that point, they’ll ask “why you moved the body…and what are you hiding?”

I seen your name, replying to my post and was thinking up my apology to you sir. :ugh:

Glad you weren't too rough on me for a less than gracious post about gun shop workers. Your professional insider posts have always been helpful!

:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom