• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    So this popped up and I thought 3 minutes how bad could it be???….its that bad! Lady needs to do some research on the topic of effectiveness and bit listen to what some 60 year old hangout customer that thinks he’s got game with her says!!!

Her saying .223 was designed to injure reminded me of the American 180. 22lr bullet hose used to disperse large groups of people in a "less than lethal" way.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not that the media knows the difference between an expert and idiot.

Good thing she has a store of decent employees working under her or that store'd be in trouble.

Case and point that the venn diagram of enthusiasts/experts and salesmen or managers only minimally overlaps.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Never heard of a round designed solely to wound. The idea that a standing military (or all western/nato countries in this instance) would adopt such a cartridge is a real head scratcher at best, and I’m being generous. You know what WAS designed to have a singular purpose? A Military. That purpose was to KILL the enemy.

This takes the cake of asinine, uninformed opinions in a week thoroughly riddled with such. And she’s running the front counter.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Never heard of a round designed solely to wound. The idea that a standing military (or all western/nato countries in this instance) would adopt such a cartridge is a real head scratcher at best, and I’m being generous. You know what WAS designed to have a singular purpose? A Military. That purpose was to KILL the enemy.

This takes the cake of asinine, uninformed opinions in a week thoroughly riddled with such. And she’s running the front counter.
    I’m thinking she is the owners Daughter (of maybe side item) OR part of that whole Dunning-Kruger effect either on her own or she’s listening to some of the idiots that want to hang out and try and talk their BS in gun shops!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    So this popped up and I thought 3 minutes how bad could it be???….its that bad! Lady needs to do some research on the topic of effectiveness and bit listen to what some 60 year old hangout customer that thinks he’s got game with her says!!!

First class fidiot but people believe because she "sounds" knowledgeable. As a wise man once said. The difference in a genius and and idiot is that idiocy has no limits.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    She's one of the most uneducated people working behind a gun counter that I've ever heard. I turned that video off when she said 50 yds.
    It's probably the store owners daughter.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    Could have been worse I guess, but why add the extra bs? Even my old eyes can pull decent groups with my AR that has open sights. Granted the one I have with an optic is easier, but not mandatory.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

While not relevant to the 5.56mm, I can assure you that we also have weapons designed to wound. The goal is enemy force degradation. Obviously killing someone degrades the unit's combat effectiveness, but so does a serious injury...which also ties up more personnel and logistic channels.

M-14 mines are a great example. Small charge by design, meant to mangle/amputate a foot but not lethally. Now you've got a soldier who can't walk unaided, is a drag on his unit, and is a burden on morale. I was never nervous around big charges. If you accidentally touch off a 40 lb cratering charge you'll never know you did it. The M-14, though, less than 3 lbs of pressure to touch it off and you'll live a long time to regret your error.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    1. How did I ever qualify with open sights at 300 meters ?
    2. The 5.56 does kill and can create massive wounds.
    3. Do FUDDS do anything but hang out in gun stores ?
    4. How is it possible for me to hit 300 yard targets with an Eo Tech ?
    View attachment 367344
    1. I’ll guess MVA. And a DI marking time.
    2. Yes it can, you will have to define massive, let’s compare it to a 60 cal. Or even a 30-06. M1A1.
    3. Yes.
    4. Don’t even know what an EO TECH is.

I don’t have a google comic book picture, but I have memories.

Top Bottom