• ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For those who have owned one, what do I need to know about FAL rifles? Metric or Imperial, receiver type, manufacturer preference, accessory needs, and general what-not.

I had a CETME/G3 that I liked, but not well enough, and an AR I had to let go for familial reasons. The AR was nice but looking for a bit more oomf and a little less complicated.

Would like to stay budget minded.

Much thanks! :ingo:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    DSA is your home for Fal parts, FALfiles.com is your source for FAL info. They are incredible rifles, and in my opinion, far superior to the Cetme pattern. I had one for years and had a great time with it.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    Go to the FALFiles and do some research. There is a ton of information there. They are a lot of fun with tons of variants. If you are going to have more than one invest in some tools and build your own, if your only every going to have just one then it is more economical to buy one already built. Be forewarned though, it is very difficult to stop after just one, they are a bit addictive.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good grief, I thought a few hours research and I would know what I needed to. . . Four hours on the FALfiles later. . . Just scratching the surface! Thanks for the heads up!

jbrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Gas City, IN
    Good grief, I thought a few hours research and I would know what I needed to. . . Four hours on the FALfiles later. . . Just scratching the surface! Thanks for the heads up!

That is a really good resource for all things FAL related. Been a member there for years but dont post there much. I even think my ID # is something like 75 so it has been around for a while. I own several variants of FAL I have loved all of them but i would say my favorite would be the Isreali Heavy Barrel and the STG 58. STG is lighter than most and a really good rifle in my opinion.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    They are a good rifle. I have a Century frankenFAL I bought years ago from a buddy who needed some cash. Had to tweak the feed ramp, polish the rails, do a little work on some other parts and it ran 100%. I then shortened and refaced the barrel, put an aluminum lower reciver on and turned it into a semi-lightweight carbine. Put a DSA scope rail on for a red dot, but it added too much weight. I would rather have the weight reduction instead. It puts all the shots where I want it, not a precise sniper weapon, but a good all around battle weapon.

southernboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Have had four over the years from Century to DSA. The best over all are DSA top notch run smooth. My favorite would have to be Izzy heavy barrel models got a Enterprize arms from the 80's awsome rifle for a parts gun.

Top Bottom