• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Unless you're dealing with ordinance, I don't see a point to a red hat.

The point is that it is associated with being a toxic Republican and/or Trump supporter. Don't like it? Screw them. Don't give them an inch. The issue is never what they say it is. It is always about power. In this case, keeping you from indicating your support for Republicans/Trump.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is interesting to me.

I'll certainly not defend Catholic-school teenagers in sporting competitions who do intolerable things, any more than public school kids. Bad sportsmanship is bad sportsmanship.

I can tell you, though, that I've seen public school behavior - from kids and parents - that was intolerable BECAUSE we are a Catholic school. There is a double standard among many people. Things like, after a hard foul, "And you call yourselves Christians."

Wait.

It was a hard foul. What does that have to do with being a Christian? We're supposed to allow free layups down the lane because that's in the Gospel somewhere?

In fact, I was in earshot when a ref told a coach that he was calling a foul because he expects "better" from the Catholic school.

In terms of the fans, having gone to lots of Catholic school v. public school events, the parents of both have the "intolerables" in about the same proportion. (The Catholic school parents just tend to use complete sentences and correct grammar.) ;)

(That last jibe was intended as a joke.) :D

Yes. But it's rooted in the Old Testament, not the Gospel. Just like Moses parting the Red Sea. ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought you were older than that, you’re still a youngster.
    40 years for me this year.

My 40th was last year. I don't know if they had a reunion or not. Haven't been to one since the 25 year. Before that it was the 10th. Jocks were still jocks, cheerleaders were still cheerleaders. We called that group "Chucks".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The point is that it is associated with being a toxic Republican and/or Trump supporter. Don't like it? Screw them. Don't give them an inch. The issue is never what they say it is. It is always about power. In this case, keeping you from indicating your support for Republicans/Trump.
    :n00b:
    Actually, my point was that a red hat never looks good on a man.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I were younger, there was a street gang that wore red hats, and other things red too, but lots of red hats.
    This could get good.

It was this bunch wasn't it? They're dastardly...

norwich-prima-donnas-a-red-hat-society-chapter-at-pride-2017-norwich-JPWR43.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Seems that we have an interesting pattern emerging, with people of a certain political ideology targeting those of the Catholic faith. Judge Coney Barret was interrogated about her faith and now we have this hysteria about Catholic school children standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, doing nothing, being met with threats of doxing and violence.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems that we have an interesting pattern emerging, with people of a certain political ideology targeting those of the Catholic faith. Judge Coney Barret was interrogated about her faith and now we have this hysteria about Catholic school children standing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, doing nothing, being met with threats of doxing and violence.

Dupe. :D

Funny how there was a story about the outrage over Karen Pence's job at a Catholic school a few days ago.
    Now this story about these evil Catholic high school kids taunting this poor, helpless Native American.

You know who else is Catholic...

Amy Coney Barrett.

Gotta get that Catholics = Nazis narrative rolling early. RGB ain't looking too fresh these days.

:coffee:

;)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Don Shipley did a video on Mr. Philips, and his military record

**language warning**
    [video=youtube;CIXIzvyAlLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=CIXIzvyAlLA[/video]

Top Bottom