• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just and FYI to all reading this thread and ESPECIALLY to women and wives/girlfriends of members reading this thread.

I know first-hand of a private citizen who has decked out his PERSONAL vehicle to look exactly like a LEO. Is a newer black charger, with heavily tinted windows, he has installed a spot light on the driver’s side and installed blue lights on the dash. For all intents and purposes it looks EXACTLY like a LEO vehicle. Minus the antenna but they are not always visible. Is usually in Montgomery, Hendrix, and Marion counties. White male, 6’ med build, and not to be stereo typical, but looks like a stereo typical LEO.

He USED to be a cop and has been discharged from several positions. The car updates came AFTER discharged.

I am in no way saying not to pull over for LEO but please be careful and in a well lit area and only in a safe area. When in doubt CALL on the phone to verify.

Most LEO are aware of the individual but cannot do anything unless he is caught pulling people over. It is rumored he does, yet no evidence thus far.

This story reminds me of Bumperjack. As I was told about an event that happened before I worked for the Department of Correction:

A certain member of the uniformed custody staff owned a car (a Caprice, which he was still driving when I worked there) fitted with red and blue lights, antennas, and a radar device. He developed the hobby of stopping people for speeding and lecturing them since he, of course, could not write a ticket. His fun and games came to an end when a certain individual he stopped noticed that he was wearing a DOC uniform, not police, and proceeded to use a bumper jack to beat the s**t out of him to the extent that hospitalization was required. In the end, a deal was made in which the driver walked away without any consequences for the beating and the incident was swept under the rug without offending the state's sensibilities regarding embarrassment. From then on, the staff member in question was no longer allowed to take uniforms home and had to wear his street clothes to work and change after he got there (which I also remember seeing in action), and was subjected to being know (particularly behind his back) as 'Bumperjack'.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    there was a guy who got stopped on E. Washington St. last week who was driving a decked out Crown Vic and wearing black 5.11 gear and a tac vest with a duty belt. the gun in his holster was airsoft and he even had a roof rack with rifle and shotgun inside the car....both airsoft. I refer to him as Capt. Douchebag.....

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    there was a guy who got stopped on E. Washington St. last week who was driving a decked out Crown Vic and wearing black 5.11 gear and a tac vest with a duty belt. the gun in his holster was airsoft and he even had a roof rack with rifle and shotgun inside the car....both airsoft. I refer to him as Capt. Douchebag.....

That odd. I always thought that Capt. Douchebag was Andre Carson.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Real cop" ????

You only have to be raped once to get a totally new perspective on handgun rights. Had three lady neighbors who walked the mile-square of our village. All just hated handguns. Then a teen school-girl locally was almost kidnapped one afternoon, and all three went up town and applied for licenses. They never talked about guns after that. 'Nuff said. NO FEMALE is safe.
    Some years back in the 1990's, a lifelong friend of mine's 60+ year old aunt was driving on I-65 Southbound not far North of the HWY 114 Rensselaer Exit in Jasper County in NW Indiana.

This woman was just your regular 60ish woman with no criminal history whatsoever.

She was in the I-65 RIGHT lane and a man in an UNMARKED car, NOT in uniform pulled up along side her in the LEFT lane.

He flipped open what appeared to be a badge and pointed to the side of the road for her to pull over.

She didn't take any chances and drove on to the HWY 114 Rensselaer Exit.

She then pulled into the Trail Tree Inn truck stop so she would be in full public view of other people before stopping.

IT TURNS out this man was an Indiana State Police Officer,
    NOT in uniform and in an UNMARKED car.

He had no sympathy for her not stopping IMMEDIATELY out in the middle of nowhere and treated her as such.

She said he handcuffed her hands behind her back, and pushed her into the back seat to where she ended up on the floor.

Turns out this was all over a speeding ticket.

I told her that even being a guy I wouldn't have stopped in the middle of nowhere either for a guy who didn't appear to be a cop who just pulled out what looked like a badge and told me to pull over.

Anybody can buy a toy badge at the dime store and go down the road flashing it to other drivers and from a distance it might look real.

She did the right thing even though this guy turned out to be a cop.

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Do not pull over if there is any suspicion about the vehicle. Call 911 immediately and identify the vehicle in question and current location.

Do not provide informtion or identification to anyone who does not have their own identification to proved their authority.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    This story reminds me of Bumperjack. As I was told about an event that happened before I worked for the Department of Correction:

A certain member of the uniformed custody staff owned a car (a Caprice, which he was still driving when I worked there) fitted with red and blue lights, antennas, and a radar device. He developed the hobby of stopping people for speeding and lecturing them since he, of course, could not write a ticket. His fun and games came to an end when a certain individual he stopped noticed that he was wearing a DOC uniform, not police, and proceeded to use a bumper jack to beat the s**t out of him to the extent that hospitalization was required. In the end, a deal was made in which the driver walked away without any consequences for the beating and the incident was swept under the rug without offending the state's sensibilities regarding embarrassment. From then on, the staff member in question was no longer allowed to take uniforms home and had to wear his street clothes to work and change after he got there (which I also remember seeing in action), and was subjected to being know (particularly behind his back) as 'Bumperjack'.

I have to admit, this story made me chuckle a bit. Granted beating the tar out of him was uncalled for, but...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Sounds to me like it probably was an off-duty LEO that didn't want to take time to write a ticket but felt like yelling. There are quite a few IMPD officers that I know are in the Guard/Reserves.

Either way, he should have been prepared to identify himself if he were going to make a traffic stop.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Sounds to me like it probably was an off-duty LEO that didn't want to take time to write a ticket but felt like yelling. There are quite a few IMPD officers that I know are in the Guard/Reserves.

Either way, he should have been prepared to identify himself if he were going to make a traffic stop.

I would hope that he would know better if he was in an unmarked car!!

I suppose there is always the possibility that this was a MARKED car, just with no light bar...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I would hope that he would know better if he was in an unmarked car!!

I suppose there is always the possibility that this was a MARKED car, just with no light bar...
    She apparently didn't say whether it was marked or not because she couldn't tell. She just said it looked like a cop car, so who knows.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I think I have seen that car multiple times in Beech Grove. Next time I see it I am going to try to get the plate number and find out if it is registered to a department or a person.

I also saw a vehicle matching that description the other day in the vicinity of Southport and Emerson. It appeared to be maneuvering aggressively between parking lots. I remembered it being mentioned here but I was not close enough to get a plate number. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for it though.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I also saw a vehicle matching that description the other day in the vicinity of Southport and Emerson. It appeared to be maneuvering aggressively between parking lots. I remembered it being mentioned here but I was not close enough to get a plate number. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for it though.

If you get the plate number please PM it to me.

Top Bottom