Facebook IPO - the biggest theft in history?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Like others have said in the thread already, I predict that a new technology will emerge, and Facebook will slowly fade away. I've seen my own usage dwindle down. Initially it was a great way to reconnect with friends and keep up to date with their lives and families, now Its just a bunch of Ecards and other stupid photos being shared. So, at some point someone else will launch something new, and Facebook will join the ranks of myspace.

Of course, it's all speculation on my part, and I know nothing about these types of things, so don't take this as legal or financial advice.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    This is pretty absurd^^.

Your remarks show ignorance, not evidence.

Show me how the market is rigged.

I'll show you how a no-name investor with no connections at all bought some Apple at ~$80/share back in the day.

I almost bought 100 shares when it was $11. I was a dumb middle school kid back then and thought stupid crap was worth it more. That was 2 splits ago.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Wall St is no more rigged against the middle class than life is rigged against the stupid or lazy.

Show me how the market is rigged.

I believe the market is rigged. About 10-12 years there was a very strong feeling that has been this concept that the stock market must go up. That anyone who shorted the market or bet against it was just a horrible, horrible person. Over the recent years, this mentality hasn't been as strong in some media outlets, but even the government still talks about a "strong" stock market. So much so, they do things like bailouts: TARP, GM/Chrysler....those are all things the get rigged. Some will argue this isn't proof of rigging, but they can only say that if they admit the market is no longer based on the idea of free market capitalism, that it is very much controlled government market....more so than ever before. Some folks shorted companies that should have went under, but this ridiculous "too big to fail" nonsense screwed some investors.

Yes, one should now factor that into their thought process, but because of those things, the market is now rigged. No one can just solely invest because of what the books say, how much money the company has, what other assets the company has, and future outlook. One has to factor in government bailing out the competition, breaking up the company because it is a monopoly, etc. etc.. Some of these issues have always been there, but the massive bailouts are new, and why I would caution anyone investing in the market.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    If the market wasn't rigged before the detroit bailouts, it sure is now.....How do you suppose GM is worth $21??? Could it be the 80% of the 24billion in stock the gov holds and continuously trades back and forth to itself? I wonder what other stocks the Fed bought up with their unaccounted for 2 trillion dollars? Could this be how they are creating the impression of a strong market across the board? Do you suppose the DOW actually recovered or is it just a hollow shell?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Do tell! I'm always willing to learn...................

To be honest with you sir, I couldn't even tell you where to start. As soon as I start typing one topic, 50 more pop up. The worst part is each individual explanation would take me about 50 pages of technical BS to prove one point. I do agree with a majority of the posts, though.

The other unfortunate part of my (lack of) response is due to the fact that I am unable to discuss ANYTHING to do with the market as per my affiliation with my employer. The financial regulation I deal with every day is insane. If any such discussions were to be found I would be fired immediately.

Top Bottom