Facebook IPO - the biggest theft in history?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sounds like another case of people doing something stupid, losing money on it, and wanting to have .gov step in and make it better. They should only benefit from their actions. There should not be a chance of actually losing.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Nope. Orders of magnitude smaller than TARP and many of the other gov't bailouts over the decades.

That's right, the biggest theft in history, was done right out in the open and almost nobody even blinked an eye. Trillions were stolen and the Fed is still stealing them.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I knew this was going to happen. I thought it would drop like a rock and then I might get in at a reasonable price and flip it right away but even at $31 it is still trading at 99 times earnings. A surprising stock that I thought was in the same boat (and I don't own) is Apple. I thought for sure it was trading on hype but it in fact, at $557 a share is trading at a far more palatable 13.58. I think Apple is at the absolute top of it's game though at this point and there is no where to go but down or sideways.

13.58? That's blue chip. When I was getting my Accounting degree, anything over 10 times was considered speculative. Yet now we're told that companies at 60 times earnings or more are safe investments. Its the era of the insane.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Insane..............That will be either Friday or Monday. Greece is leaving or being kicked out of the EZ. They are going to try and do it over the weekend to minize the market shock....

Just read the "news" Note sure it will really happen, but that appears to be the fear on the street
    13.58? That's blue chip. When I was getting my Accounting degree, anything over 10 times was considered speculative. Yet now we're told that companies at 60 times earnings or more are safe investments. Its the era of the insane.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Facebook has some revenue but not enough to make it worth $100 Billion. Facebook will have to find a way to monetize more of its users' information to support that valuation. Prepare for a change in FB's privacy policy.

They may have a real hard time doing that. They're already being sued for $15 Billion over privacy issues. That's one of the reasons given for the stock price falling.

Facebook Suit Over Subscriber Tracking Seeks $15 Billion - Bloomberg

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I think it was a cash out. I don't see facebook growing anymore. They are a fad just like all of the other social media sites that have come and gone. They will stay around for a while, but people will move on to the next thing. I am no legal expert, so they may have done something illegal, but I think it was smart to cash out now.

As long as nothing illegal was done, then people bought the stock at their own risk. The stock market is not guaranteed to pay out. It is a risk and no matter what anyone tell you, there is always risk with anything in the stock market. You just have to minimize the risk the best you can. The smart people bought the stock and flipped it quick. No body forced anyone to by the stock, so quit crying and accept responsiblity for the risk you took.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    While facebook produces nothing of any real tangible value I will concede that it is an important part of a lot of peoples lives. After the dust settles and the lawsuits are over I would buy the stock if it was at the correct price. People buy, sell, & trade on emotion as well as any quantifided financial ratio. I think if a guy bought the stock for less than $5 and held on to it for the long haul he'd come out alright. Where it's at now is a no win situation.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    when the big dogs cash out, you know its over, the ONLY thing they didnt tell is that profits werent as high as though, and that is a big uh oh in my book

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Banker friend of mine, who knows his stuff, can't stop laughing at the fubar Facebook IPO.

He thinks criminal charges will flow from the screw up with the IPO. All the data shows the stock was driven up by at least 25% by some improper reporting of earnings and forcasts.

He says the stock is really worth $14 or so.

It's heading that direction. Whether it reaches criminal remains to be seen, but this is not a good sign.

Facebook shareholders sue company and its bankers over fishy IPO | Reuters

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    A lot of misunderstanding regarding the Facebook IPO. While there very well may have been some improper communications in the days prior to the stock going live, the offering itself is not the disaster that the MSM is reporting. Far from it.

I invest heavily. Have since the early 90's. I can do the analyticals myself and don't need the sensationalist media to do it for me. 3 reputable brokerage firms initiated coverage on FB today. All 3 pegged their price at $40, which is ABOVE their IPO price.

Folks....the media has a vested interest in FB failing. What does the media do with FB? I'll give you a clue....they c______ for advertising dollars. It is good for the MSM if FB fails. There is no integrity whatsoever in media reporting today. Read the info readily available on all of the major brokerage house's websites regarding FB. It tells a starkly different story than what you are getting in the MSM. The only hurdle FB still faces is monetization. If they resolve that, and the trend suggests they will, they will have been a solid buy for those who got in on day 1.

Don't believe all of the sensationalized nonsense you are fed by the MSM.

Top Bottom