• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My wife recieved a comment from a girl I dated when I was 18 last night.

She asked if it was OK for her to see me when she is in the area. She told my wife she is divorced and never had any kids. She said it is ok for my wife to be at the meeting.

I'm not even sure what to say.:dunno:

bobby bobolink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Paradise Bay
    This is just one of the many reasons i don't have a facebook acct. the wife does and had an ex-boyfriend want to get together; the wife was not comfortable, i thought it was funny(just wanted to see her squirm:)). my advice would be to tell the wife you're not interested:twocents:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Im not big into the "social Network" thing, but I do have a facebook account.
    Mostly friends from work and so-on...

The thing I like most...

I recently got into contact with a fellow Marine, a good friend I lost contact with over 12yrs ago! I never thought I would see him again, and he found me on facebook!

So it does have its advantages...:patriot:

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Agree with the bad mojo on this one, though if a three way thing was your cup of tea.... Personally i'd let the Mrs. know that your not interested.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    wow,I would be speechless also. I dont do any of the social networking stuff. There is way too many tripwires in that stuff. I see that it could be a good thing but just like everything else the crazy people has to ruin it for everyone else.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    THat sounds fairly upfront...meeting her is your choice, but at least it all open. SOcial sites are a problem when people use them to hide stuff like this

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    it sounds like she wanted say hello and wanted to ok it with your wife, I can see some resemblance of respect there. That is if I am reading things correctly

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Odd Request but I talk to old friends, including the female and ex-girlfriend type. No issues as I hide nothing from my wife.

Still, you need to ask your wife FIRST, that way she can not even get the wrong idea...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sounds as if she just wants to say hello and was trying to be up front and honest with your wife. I'm friends with several old GFs and my ex wife. Talk to yer wife and see what she thinks. It could be perfectly innocent or it could become a Penthouse Letter. Who knows.... ;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    THIS IS A BAD IDEA!!

Even if you dont have any feelings for your ex, you don't know if she still has feelings for you. Reverse the rolls for a second. You are an early 30's guy, never been married, the clock is ticking and you are wondering if the right one will ever come along. Do you call up your ex from high school/college just to chat? Or are you wanting to see if you still might have a chance.

Seriously, she isnt just wanting to catch up on "old times". She is running out of time on her biological clock, and is grasping at straws. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! :twocents:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds as if she just wants to say hello and was trying to be up front and honest with your wife. I'm friends with several old GFs and my ex wife. Talk to yer wife and see what she thinks. It could be perfectly innocent or it could become a Penthouse Letter. Who knows.... ;)
    This... ^^^
    you guys who are talking about running scared are funny:laugh:

Top Bottom