• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My biggest problem is that the arms on safety glasses don't extend back far enough. Because I'm already wearing glasses, the safety glasses have to sit farther down the bridge of my nose, and not where they should sit. The arms aren't designed to have them sit so far forward. This makes them unstable, and they tend to slide down. With a properly designed bridge and/or longer arms to accommodate the adjusted bridge position, they would work just fine.

The model to which I provided a link has extendable/adjustable temple pieces. As you may have noticed when we met, I have a head the size of a small planet, and they work for me okay. If you get the dark version to use as sunglasses, no one can see your other glasses under them, which minimizes the dweebosity.

Given that, I think a prescription insert with "regular" safety glasses works better.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The model to which I provided a link has extendable/adjustable temple pieces. As you may have noticed when we met, I have a head the size of a small planet, and they work for me okay. If you get the dark version to use as sunglasses, no one can see your other glasses under them, which minimizes the dweebosity.

Given that, I think a prescription insert with "regular" safety glasses works better.

I'm not overly concerned with how I look. I'm more concerned with protecting my vision. I'm going to definitely check those out. Thanks! :thumbsup:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Here's the link to the eyewear in bought.
    ESS Goggles - Protective Goggles - Ballistic Goggles - Eye Protection phone 877-726-4072
    I bought the ICE2.4 model with clip on prescription lens holder. These are ANSI and MIL-spec, 100% UVA/UVB and have a 2.4 mm polycarbonate lens, adjjutable length temples with bendable earpieces.
    Comes with clear, yellow and smoke lenses but polorized, red and green (for laser) are optional.
    I am very happy with this product.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok some of you guys made me jealous, so I recently acquired a pair of Oakley Half Jackets. Now I feel much cooler!

HalfJacket_Plasma_Gold.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yep, I think you're cooler without even wearing them!
    Can I ask how much they set you back?

They cost me $0. I was actually able to get them after they expired in our "lost & found" department at the hotel where I work. Someone left them in their room 3 months ago and has not called to claim them. They are used, and show some wear, but they're super comfy. Most online vendors seem to sell them for $105. (the L&F program is great, I've also acquired a $200 Benchmade auto-knife this way)

After taking a second look I realized that these apparently have the different replacement lenses, as my lense shape is like the one below, but the same lense/frame color as the one picture above.
    apparel-oakley-casual-sunglasses-men-polarized-o-matter-fishing-specific-half-jacket-xlj.jpg

Last edited:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Funny_Nose_glasses.jpg

Out of all my shooting gear I think this was the best $2.96 I have ever spent..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd be interested to know how current day Oakleys hold up over time. I still have kind of a bad taste in my mouth over a $200+ investment 20 years ago. The frame on my Oakleys kept breaking.

Top Bottom