• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You got some of that new information the Democrats keep flappin' their gums about? You have my undivided attention. . .

Well perhaps you didn’t know, but the GOA, this past week, determined that the withholding of aid to the Ukraine was, in fact, illegal. So, now you’re going to have to attack that agency because you don’t like their official ruling.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ... this is where the argument stops being an argument, and goes back to that point-scoring thing. Highlighting specific words to mean literal things.

So, yes. The entirety of the ed system is not way left.

I guess we can move on

Im not a Trumper, I’m not wishy-washy with the meanings of words, so that they can be interpreted a number of different ways to always have an excuse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So the ENTIRETY of the educational system is leans WAY left? Nope, that just ain’t true.

I'm not sure that's what they're saying. "The education system has been trending left" is a true statement. It doesn't mean the ENTIRE education system (every school). I think they're trying to say the median is left of center. But it's fair to say it is unbalanced. And it's fair to say it's not right wing. Though I'm sure you'll find a lot of right wing teachers in rural Alabama or Missippi. And now that I've mentioned that, I used to work for the IT department of a public college there. I got to know a lot of faculty. Humanities were where the left was there. The English department was probably furthest left. History surprisingly not all that far left, but left. Math, economics, technical, vocational, engineering, were center to right-center. Not many lefties there. So if that is at all representative of higher education in the deep south, it's pretty balanced compared with urban coastal schools.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im not a Trumper, I’m not wishy-washy with the meanings of words, so that they can be interpreted a number of different ways to always have an excuse.

But you can use common sense and discuss the point being made instead of invalidating it by playing semantics.

If someone says "The entire education system is leftist!".... you know they're exaggerating... so treat it as "The education system is biased left!" instead of absolute.

This isn't just directed at you, but the entire ****ing internet.

People do it to you, too, and it's just as silly.

So, if we're here to have a conversation: In what ways do you find the education system to be trending leftward?

I think we'd find some calm, collected examples that can be accepted/refuted.

Edit: And before I'm accused of being a scold or wanna-be mod or pewdiepie fan... if you're into this kind of back-and-forth, if it's entertaining to you guys, by all means.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well perhaps you didn’t know, but the GOA, this past week, determined that the withholding of aid to the Ukraine was, in fact, illegal. So, now you’re going to have to attack that agency because you don’t like their official ruling.

GOA
    :dunno:

Grandmas On Acid
    Goat Orgy Alliance
    Gay Orifice Anonymous
    Grumpy Old Alcoholics

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yes. And the remedy written IN THE LAW is to file a suite and have the court decide if there's a lawful reason to withhold the aid, and if not, order the administration to distribute the aid. In any case, the law broken wasn't the president per se, but the office that should have sent the notice to congress once the aid had missed its deadline. Or something to that effect. It's not an impeachable offense unless you want to make it the impeachment partisan and do it on political grounds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But you can use common sense and discuss the point being made instead of invalidating it by playing semantics.

If someone says "The entire education system is leftist!".... you know they're exaggerating... so treat it as "The education system is biased left!" instead of absolute.

This isn't just directed at you, but the entire ****ing internet.

People do it to you, too, and it's just as silly.

So, if we're here to have a conversation: In what ways do you find the education system to be trending leftward?

I think we'd find some calm, collected examples that can be accepted/refuted.

Edit: And before I'm accused of being a scold or wanna-be mod or pewdiepie fan... if you're into this kind of back-and-forth, if it's entertaining to you guys, by all means.

No. These are legitimate points. I'm just trying to get at, what do they mean when they're saying "entire"? Maybe some people think that means EVERY school. But at least one poster who's said that agreed with what I said about it. Not all. On average, yes. Left. That's objectively true. On average, the educational system leans left. But if there are people still being suborn about it, insisting that it's EVERY school, all I have to do is present one counter example.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes. And the remedy written IN THE LAW is to file a suite and have the court decide if there's a lawful reason to withhold the aid, and if not, order the administration to distribute the aid. In any case, the law broken wasn't the president per se, but the office that should have sent the notice to congress once the aid had missed its deadline. Or something to that effect. It's not an impeachable offense unless you want to make it the impeachment partisan and do it on political grounds.

From the GOA ruling:
    “Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law.”

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So the ENTIRETY of the educational system is leans WAY left? Nope, that just ain’t true.

Obviously this needs spelling out here.
    You separated the university level from the rest of the education system in this post...

No, I don't. Universities sure, but they don't make up the whole of the educational system.

I responded with my opinion that the ENTIRE school system is left biased. That means all levels, kindergarten through post grad.
    Entire does NOT mean every classroom, every teacher or any of that foolishness. It means every level. Sheesh.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Where did he say that? You know the difference.

giphy.gif

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Don't misquote me, I said that it has been TRENDING left consistently.

Specifically grades 1-12 and not in all classrooms but it has been trending left of center, college has leaned way center left for quite some time, and there has been no attempt to hide it.

Educators have actively employed a pattern of indoctrination of their beliefs instead of teaching and allowing YOUNG ONES TO FORM their own opinion based on the facts.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No. These are legitimate points. I'm just trying to get at, what do they mean when they're saying "entire"? Maybe some people think that means EVERY school. But at least one poster who's said that agreed with what I said about it. Not all. On average, yes. Left. That's objectively true. On average, the educational system leans left. But if there are people still being suborn about it, insisting that it's EVERY school, all I have to do is present one counter example.

Nobody said or implied that. Of course its not EVERY school. There is only ONE person here trying to base his argument on that false premise. He knows the difference, he's just ****ing with people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From the GOA ruling:
    “Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law.”

That's an interpretation, but the law talks mostly about the agency required to handle such things, which is filing a lawsuit and letting the courts decide it. And I may have to go back and reread that law, but I thought it was the GOA which had the responsibility to file the lawsuit if the agency responsible for disposition of the funds doesn't notify congress when the funds were delinquent by a certain deadline. I'm not aware of anyone on the congressional side filing such a lawsuit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obviously this needs spelling out here.
    You separated the university level from the rest of the education system in this post...

I responded with my opinion that the ENTIRE school system is left biased. That means all levels, kindergarten through post grad.
    Entire does NOT mean every classroom, every teacher or any of that foolishness. It means every level. Sheesh.

You know that the above doesn’t make a lick of sense right. Though I was amused at your attempt to parse the word “entire.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nobody said or implied that. Of course its not EVERY school. There is only ONE person here trying to base his argument on that false premise. He knows the difference, he's just ****ing with people.

I would say that he's trying to impose an arbitrarily stricter standard than the conversation implied. That's one way you can accuse your opponent of being wrong when they're not strictly wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom