DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    LMAO. That's absurd.

If you had said: "Trump is the first president to be impeached for tweeting", I'd almost go along with that.

Is it absurd? They started their efforts before he was even sworn in. Then they thought they had him with "Russia, Russia, Russia" and the Mueller investigation. So now they're throwing up a Hail Mary play with the impeachment. It all started with the same reason - he was elected.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This started the second he walked down the escalator.
    Talk of stopping him by any means necessary before we even voted. That's as crooked as they come.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When it started is more or less moot. The parties have been at each other's throats as far back as I can remember. It got vicious with the Neo-cons and hasn't slowed down since.

Trump could have avoided most of the controversy by shutting the **** up and not creating his own cesspool. He's done some good things, but he always seem to pull the pin on his own grenade and forget to throw it. He's self-destructive.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When it started is more or less moot. The parties have been at each other's throats as far back as I can remember. It got vicious with the Neo-cons and hasn't slowed down since.

Trump could have avoided most of the controversy by shutting the **** up and not creating his own cesspool. He's done some good things, but he always seem to pull the pin on his own grenade and forget to throw it. He's self-destructive.

Your post is exactly why I'm glad Trump is our president.
    He inadvertently pulled the masks off everyone so they all show their true colors. The more that people hate him, the better I feel about him. That alone is reason to vote for him again. As if he needs any more reasons.... I mean, come on.
    The guy is going to smear the dems noses in their own poo this election. :patriot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LMAO. That's absurd.

If you had said: "Trump is the first president to be impeached for tweeting", I'd almost go along with that.
    Well, they started talking about impeachment before he was sworn in. He’s not all that wrong.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Your post is exactly why I'm glad Trump is our president.
    He inadvertently pulled the masks off everyone so they all show their true colors. The more that people hate him, the better I feel about him. That alone is reason to vote for him again. As if he needs any more reasons.... I mean, come on.
    The guy is going to smear the dems noses in their own poo this election. :patriot:

PLEASE! Do not count chickens that have not hatched...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He actually praises Trump and all you see is TDS because he thinks Trump could be better.

There's a logical distinction between what I would call TDS and people who can be critical of the president. "Derangement" implies an irrational view of Trump. That could happen on both sides. A rational view of Trump acknowledges what's objectively true. It's objectively true that Trump has done some really good things. It's also objectively true that Trump has done some bad things as well. Acknowledging the truth of what is bad doesn't make one deranged unless the bad is irrationally maximized while the good is irrationally minimized. Same concept applies to Acknowledging what is good. You can't just throw TDS at every criticism of Trump you hear. I only know of one regular here who is full TDS anti-Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Better is the enemy of good enough"

Good enough is the enemy of better. I'd say it's better to have both: People who want to preserve the traditional and people who want to progress. Then the synthases of the outcome of that debate is likely to be just the right amount of conservation mixed with the right amount of progression. There's an imbalance in the Force right now of bat-****-crazy-out-of-control progression. So to balance out the Force, I think tradition should have the priority for now until progression is put in its proper proportion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom