• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    We should have an INGO boxing tournament...Non-site supporters verses Site supporters.

It would be more fun than reading any of this BS.

Jus how biga boy are ya?:draw:
    oh wait Id be on your side....hmmm..... "It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.":dunno:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    WTS cookies:

site supporters $1

non-site supporters $5

:D mmmmmm...chocolate chip...

1600912_1229399431_med.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WTS cookies:

site supporters $1

non-site supporters $5

:D mmmmmm...chocolate chip...

1600912_1229399431_med.jpg

I know you ad sez WTS but do you have any trade you are looking for??
    Would you accept 25¢ each? I hate to lowball but I found cookies closer
    to me for 30¢ each.

Oh Wait, what's this...?

Failure to comply with any of these 6 rules will result in the immediate removal of your ad. There will be no warning, no explanation, no PM to inform you your ad has been removed. Thanks for your understanding in this matter!

1. Prefix your ad with:
    WTS: (Want To Sell) -> requires an asking price
    WTB: (Want To Buy)
    WTT: (Want To Trade)
    Free:
    2. All ads require your location. If you choose not to display your location in your post bit (info that appears below your avatar) you must post your location in the ad itself! Yours is too general.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it 1x per day. ......

4. INGO strongly suggests you post pictures in your ads. ......

5. Post your ad in the appropriate forum. ........
    blatant disregard for the rules...

6. Close your thread ......

PULL THIS AD - RULES VIOLATION #5. :ingo: :laugh:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Wow Just seen this thread. Maybe you should stop whining. I will do what ever I want to do. (This is a fact of my nature) And personally prefer to deal with site supporters or people of a certain post count as they are generally more reliable.

Hey dont like it? Move on or get over it.
    I offered a 50$ discount for site supporters once. 10$ would have saved some one 50$ thats how I personally support my site and the people that put up with me. :)

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I for one hope this site continues to run with the explosion of new members and xtra bandwidth. Hopefully there is a plan in the works to make sure we continue to enjoy INGO without having cost over runs from all he nonsupporters.
    It would be sad if INGO were to have to go to a membership only site because of this type of "free for me" attitude and argument.

I don't think it has to be mandatory for support but if too many of the new members get drawn into this mentality of never supporting or helping to defray the costs we very well could end up with more members than the few contributors can support. Then the choice would be to close it down for periods or break out the ban hammer for the bandwidth hogs that chose not to help the cause.

Since this site is pro gun and not a total free for all as far as not letting the LEO BASHING or REVOLUTION INSTIGATION, I think it has a better opportunity to bring Indiana gun owners together regardless of politics and party lines. The mere fact that we all come together here across our entire state alows us to glimpse what MSM isnt showing us. Learning about rural Indiana and NWI combined with Indianapolis and all the other parts of our state is what makes this site so worthwhile.

SURE there will be hard feelings and attitudes now and then but, without INGO how would we learn about each others daily lives and what happens 200 miles away to family life, jobs, prices and what happens beyond the end of our noses.

Support if you want or don't support for whatever your reason just don't taint the well for others because you choose not to. The new supporters may end up being the ones that keep the site from going under or keeping it free for you.

Any incentives someone makes to encourage a small donation is helping all of us out in the long run.

Any efforts against site supporting should be seriously frowned upon by all users here IMHO.
    UNLESS you just really do not care if INGO stays running why would any one discourage site support through any post or efforts??

I would expect those that choose not to support for whatever reason would have even more of a reason to not bite the hand that feeds them...

Probably that is just my flawed sense of right and wrong kicking in again.

Just make sure to lock those ban hammers up at night mods.lol

FWIW, when I post something for sale, I make it clear that the buyer must be a site supporter or a content contributor. Conversely, no matter how much I want a WTS item, I won't buy from that person unless he is a site supporter or contributor. This is a choice that I make as a buyer/seller and it is my right to make that choice.

This started back when we only required 10 posts to participate in the classifieds. I refused to do business with anyone who had fewer than 100 posts or was not a site supporter. I made exceptions for people who were clearly contributing to the site even if they had fewer than 100 posts. There were far too many 10-posters who brought nothing to the board and took away everything. Leeches.

I don't really care if anyone donates money or not. I don't see a dime of that anyway, but I know what the server bandwidth bill is and I know how much the software and development costs are, and I am painfully aware of how quickly INGO will go away without the support of our generous contributors and advertisers.

I recognize that not everyone can donate or wants to donate, though, and I'm perfectly OK with that. I just expect them to participate and support the board in other ways. Share their wisdom, insight, humor, opinions, etc. Those things are easily worth $10 to me. Those are the people with whom I want to do business. People of character who care enough about INGO to help make it the great forum that it is. Not leeches who are just here to make a quick buck or snag a good deal.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    When I was younger, I might easily have been in a situation where I could not have contributed. (Of course, when I was younger, there was no such thing as a website, except for spiders.) So I can understand the inability to contribute. What I cannot understand is the attitude that this free site is something I deserve -- it is my right -- and I can whine and complain about the rules and get my way by throwing a temper tantrum.

If it were me, I would just be thankful that the owner had not made it a membership-only site and enjoy it as much as possible. And I see that from a lot of the guys who cannot support with money. That good attitude is very much appreciated by the rest of us.

It is for those guys' and gals' benefit that I have decided to make a contribution more than the minimum required, and I know that is the case with others as well. I'm in a position now where $100 a year is doable, though not necessarily trivial. That is, I can do that level and not really miss it. In so doing, I can make up for nine of my brothers and sisters who would love to provide support, but really cannot. My intention -- as long as I can afford it -- is to send Fenway $50 every six months or so. I would encourage others who can see their way to buy a couple fewer boxes of ammo and send the money to INGO, LLC for support of the site every once in awhile.

Last edited:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    YEP been there as well being broke bites.
    I apologize if any of my previous posts have seemed against yhe non supporters. I meant to emphasize that taking a stance against 'paying'
    and encouraging others against as well was not in all of our best interests.

Taking an elitist attitude over $10 or $1k isn't right as well and is not in our best interest either. Not accusing you of that. I really think it is up to the individual to decide how they want to contribute and I agree not supporting doesn't make you less of a member or a cheapskate.

I just don't want to see this site go down for lack of effort on all of our parts regardless of how we choose to contribute.
    Posting an ad with an incentive against site supporting is a folly, for the fact that it would take very little time for anyone to make another login to get the discount. Which adds to the problem of keeping INGO running.

I don't treat any non $ supporters any different than a site supporter until I see actions that try to undermine the board as a whole.

I repped Joe Williams because of the fact that he truly contributes instead of just slinging poop which in my oppinion this original post was more about.

I can understand getting upset about a sense of favoritism or being insulted by a member overcharging a non supporter.

I just don't see offering a supporter a deeper discount as being insulting or elitist. AAA gets me 10% off rentals and motels, do non AAA members get insulted over it? HECK NO they try to find a way to get that same or better discount thru some other affiliation. People had these same arguments over ladies nites at bars and clubs.

Now, charging anyone over you 'standard' price because they belong to or do not support a site is discrimination and is IMHO wrong and I believe that the Supreme court even has a ruling about it. So make sure your discount policy doesn't fall into that trap or someone might sue you over it. Wouldn't that bite!

Have a great day and thanks for all the useful information here.
    :ingo:

When I was younger, I might easily have been in a situation where I could not have contributed. (Of course, when I was younger, there was no such thing as a website, except for spiders.) So I can understand the inability to contribute. What I cannot understand is the attitude that this free site is something I deserve -- it is my right -- and I can whine and complain about the rules and get my way by throwing a temper tantrum.

If it were me, I would just be thankful that the owner had not made it a membership-only site and enjoy it as much as possible. And I see that from a lot of the guys who cannot support with money. That good attitude is very much appreciated by the rest of us.

It is for those guys' and gals' benefit that I have decided to make a contribution more than the minimum required, and I know that is the case with others as well. I'm in a position now where $100 a year is doable, though not necessarily trivial. That is, I can do that level and not really miss it. In so doing, I can make up for nine of my brothers and sisters who would love to provide support, but really cannot. My intention -- as long as I can afford it -- is to send Fenway $50 every six months or so. I would encourage others who can see their way to buy a couple boxes less ammo and send the money to INGO, LLC for support of the site every once in awhile.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    For the non site supporters that use INGO in any capacity, Do you support the NRA?

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    The only problem I have with non supporters are with those that are constantly selling on here in the classified section or group buy section; making money on the backs of others. I get billed monthly for ads I put on Gunbroker, I don't think you can put a decent ad on there for less than ten bucks. Ten bucks is a half box or less of shells, two packs of cigarettes or less than a case of beer. I know people who love to tell about how they shoot full auto and won't cough up the ten bucks. :ar15: Shoot for five seconds less one day and buy a supporter membership with the money you saved. :dunno:

I would venture to say just about anyone who is a gun owner on here can afford ten dollars a year. If they are just on for the information and don't want to become a site supporter that is one thing but being on here to make money and asking for a free ride is a completely different situation. If you are honestly that anti site owner why come on his site in the first place? Mike and I disagree on a few things but I understand the cost of a venture like this and believe I should pay my fair share; wish others felt the same. :twocents: :ingo:

Last edited:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Yes, but I struggle with many of their past supports of plans programs and laws that were not in our best interests. I also don't agree with many of their political recommendations because just being Pro 2A is not enough to guarantee my vote and I fear any group that people blindly follow instead of learning more about the whole picture.

I honestly believe leaders like Hitler were placed into power by just these type of single minded groups that never bothered to look at what could be lurking around the corner.

This too is why Obama scares the poop outta me and many others.
    Blind support is what drove his election I just pray the results do not follow the history of others given blanket and broad powers to 'fix' things.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Lots of great comments.

I certainly don't feel that INGO Site Supporters are any kind of elitist group. We're no different than anyone else on the forum, except we've made a financial contribution to help keep the board going. I don't expect anything special in return, but I think it's a very good thing to encourage others to become a financial site supporter.

Michiana made some great analogies of how little it cost to become a site supporter. I feel that this site does something that most other sites I visit don't -- it creates a "family" of folks who are united by our love of firearms and our strong desire to maintain and strengthen our 2A rights, all right here in Indiana. Do we all agree? Nope. But how boring would it be if we did? I learn a lot by reading the different opinions about the issues raised on this forum. Most of the time, we agree to disagree respectfully.

So in closing, I don't think it makes anyone special to become a site supporter. But if you've got the $10 bucks (or more) and regularly post and learn from INGO, why not just do it?

I will always unabashedly encourage folks to become a site supporter if you can. In reality, it is just my selfish desire to see INGO continue to grow and be around for many years.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I don't think you can put a decent ad on there for less than ten bucks. Ten bucks is a half box or less of shells, two packs of cigarettes or less than a case of beer.

Ten bucks for a case of beer? Are you drinking Little Kings again? :D I know we have a monopoly on beer stores here in Columbus, but its hard to pick up a good six pack of beer for less than 8 or 9 bucks! You are completely right about shooting for a few moments less and then you can justify spending the extra money on a membership. I've gotten way more out of the site than the few bucks I donated. :yesway:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Ten bucks for a case of beer? Are you drinking Little Kings again? :D I know we have a monopoly on beer stores here in Columbus, but its hard to pick up a good six pack of beer for less than 8 or 9 bucks! You are completely right about shooting for a few moments less and then you can justify spending the extra money on a membership. I've gotten way more out of the site than the few bucks I donated. :yesway:

READ MY POST AGAIN. Ten bucks is a half box or less of shells, two packs of cigarettes or less than a case of beer.

I BELIEVE YOU CAN GET A TWELVE PACK OF BUD ON SALE FOR AROUND $10. YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT MAKES BUYING A SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIP AN EVEN BETTER DEAL! :D

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    Lots of great comments.

I certainly don't feel that INGO Site Supporters are any kind of elitist group. We're no different than anyone else on the forum, except we've made a financial contribution to help keep the board going. I don't expect anything special in return, but I think it's a very good thing to encourage others to become a financial site supporter.

Michiana made some great analogies of how little it cost to become a site supporter. I feel that this site does something that most other sites I visit don't -- it creates a "family" of folks who are united by our love of firearms and our strong desire to maintain and strengthen our 2A rights, all right here in Indiana. Do we all agree? Nope. But how boring would it be if we did? I learn a lot by reading the different opinions about the issues raised on this forum. Most of the time, we agree to disagree respectfully.

So in closing, I don't think it makes anyone special to become a site supporter. But if you've got the $10 bucks (or more) and regularly post and learn from INGO, why not just do it?

I will always unabashedly encourage folks to become a site supporter if you can. In reality, it is just my selfish desire to see INGO continue to grow and be around for many years.

I get 500 private messages now :rockwoot:definately worth my money im not spending time deleting messages everyday to stay under 50

Top Bottom