• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    :tantrum: When i have sold stuff i put the price what i wanted out of it and offered a discount to site supporters. They and the sponsors are the only ones helping this site alive, Fenway can't do all by himself with 5000+ members now.

If you think about it all those ads you place for the items you sale cost money because it increases the bandwith. If you dont like it pull your ads off and place them on gunbroker and pay their fees.
    • :moon:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You know, if everyone would spend the time complaining/lobbying to our congress critters that they spend here arguing about a ten-spot, maybe we would be able to actually make some progress in protecting our 2A rights...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As Joe Williams and dice dealer have pointed out, there are more ways to support INGO, such as by being an active participant and sharing and exchanging knowledge and opinions. We value that. Everyone does.

The financial support that some choose to show is simply a necessity of life. The interwebs costs money, so SOMEONE has to pay for it. In the beginning Fenway paid for it all out of his own pocket. As more people joined and more people enjoyed it, we had a decision to make-- limit the number of members allowed (yeah right!!), or pay more money so people could keep on enjoying INGO. We chose to pay more. Because of this, we asked those who make use of the site for some financial help. Becoming a Site Supporter was, and always has been, completely optional. We are simply lucky enough to have enough users supporting the site financially that we can continue INGO every month.

Please be careful with threads like these that we don't get into the useless debate of "Site Supporter vs. Non-Supporter". We value everyone equally. However, it is a fact that without financial support, INGO could not exist.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    What is with some people charging extra for items if you are a non site supporter. Don't understand the principle behind that. What do you care if I am a site supporter or not. My money is the same color. This site supporter non site supporter stuff is a little out of control. But whatever. Guess my money won't go to the people who are going to charge extra. No loss. Just my two cents.

Pay a measly $10 (or more) and this won't be an issue for you. :dunno:

Remember.... if it's worth complaining about, it's worth contributing to!!!! :ingo:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    pirate-smiley-03.gif
    Pirates somebody say discounts to Pirates
    pirate-smiley-03.gif

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    pirate-smiley-03.gif
    Pirates somebody say discounts to Pirates
    pirate-smiley-03.gif

No, I do charge doctors more. My price for politicions depends on how much they make, how bad they need it, and my mood at the time.

I refuse to do business with lawyers and dogs under any circumstance.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    No, I do charge doctors more. My price for politicions depends on how much they make, how bad they need it, and my mood at the time.

I refuse to do business with lawyers and dogs under any circumstance.

Don't forget those damn spider monkey's..........gotta keep your eyes on them......NEVER EVER trust a spider monkey.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    A previous boss of mine told me "never take checks from the 3 P's!""

Priests
    Politicians
    Prostitutes

I promptly had to learn the hard way...

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    wow

wow one of those treads again!my price for something on the board is the same for everybody discount or not,being a site-supporter was something i do to help.i figure if fenway is going to let me get and give information,buy and sell my goodies $10+ is the least i can do to help INGO stay around as long as possible.just my:twocents:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i always put a 25 dollar site supporter discount, because im hopping someone will say "i save 15 bucks by sending the site 10" i have sold 1 gun that the gun didn't take the discount and didn't want to join.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Thats really eff-ing stupid..:rolleyes:

What that someone priced something the way they wanted to price it?
    if so why ?It is his item to price as he sees fit same as someone discounting an item for a sight supporter ...

Or is it eff-ing stupid that a moderator who is suppossed to show no sides would make fun of someone ?

Just curious ?:dunno:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I dont think he was making fun of someone, he was just showing the op's disrespect towards the site. Hopefully everyone see's his ad and doesnt buy from him. I doubt they will with his prices anyways. If it does sell it wil probably sell to someone with less than 50 posts, which is against the rules, just like some of our other members are doing. You think some of you guys would be happy there is a site for all of us hoosiers to get on, meet, shoot, and even trade with each other, instead of having stuff shipped to dealers. Some of you need to go to some other countries and see how good you really have it here! Total disrespect!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Watch that stuff

I dont think he was making fun of someone, he was just showing the op's disrespect towards the site. Hopefully everyone see's his ad and doesnt buy from him. I doubt they will with his prices anyways. If it does sell it wil probably sell to someone with less than 50 posts, which is against the rules, just like some of our other members are doing. You think some of you guys would be happy there is a site for all of us hoosiers to get on, meet, shoot, and even trade with each other, instead of having stuff shipped to dealers. Some of you need to go to some other countries and see how good you really have it here! Total disrespect!

What is this cutting out the dealer BS? We have to make our spend money too. New guns have to start in the system through your friendly neighborhood dealer. :D The way I figure it this site is like going to church, most of the regulars and visitors put their money in the plate to support the good work of the church but you alway have the few that run an empty hand over the plate as they pass it on the person next to them. These people are also the ones that make sure they get there nice and early to have the free coffee and donuts so they don't have to spring for their own breakfast.

My opinion has always been if you are trading and selling on here cough up with the ten dollars to be a site supporter and help pay the cost of maintaining the site. It is about the same as one ad on Gunbroker.com or one of the other auction sites and you get a years usage of the classified section to sell an occasional item; some guys on this site sell more than a dealer and should be a advertiser but that is for another day and thread.

Contributing your knowledge in posts is something a person does to help his/her fellow gun owners, it has nothing to do with helping Fenway pay for the cost of running this forum. Some of the biggest sellers and traders on here are just plain cheapskates. If you are using the classified section more than once or twice become a site supporter. :twocents:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fenway pay for the cost of running this forum. Some of the biggest sellers and traders on here are just plain cheapskates. If you are using the classified section more than once or twice become a site supporter. :twocents:

:yesway:

Also wasnt trying to cut out the dealers, espescially you, sir. You've dealt with another fellow soldier i know-Aaron A.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    What that someone priced something the way they wanted to price it?
    if so why ?It is his item to price as he sees fit same as someone discounting an item for a sight supporter ...

Or is it eff-ing stupid that a moderator who is suppossed to show no sides would make fun of someone ?

Just curious ?:dunno:

Seriously, what do you think would happen without financial support? You think there would even be a classifieds section?

I can't imagine that someone would use INGO to sell something and be too cheap to cough up $10. Seriously.

Top Bottom