• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    No twisted panties here, just a history buff that appreciates correct information, not everyone does nor cares, which is fine too. ;)

Indeed...history buff here too!
    fighting_terrorism_since_1492.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The only thing that is my opinion is that with proper safety awareness, condition 0 is no less safe than condition 1.

Here is a fact...many on here fail to accept the facts.

You're saying a round in the chamber with the hammer resting on the firing pin is as safe as ...oh fer gawd's sake.
    You know what?
    Here's a FACT;
    John Moses Browning invented the 1911 to send pieces of lead at extreme velocity and with great authority toward threats with the directed objective of STOPPING them... and that design is still employed in present day.
    The end. :twocents:

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    You're saying a round in the chamber with the hammer resting on the firing pin is as safe as ...oh fer gawd's sake.
    One thing, Condition 0 is a round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety off. A round in the chamber with the hammer resting on the firing pin stop is Condition 2.

You know what?
    Here's a FACT;
    John Moses Browning invented the 1911 to send pieces of lead at extreme velocity and with great authority toward threats with the directed objective of STOPPING them... and that design is still employed in present day.
    There you go. :yesway:

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    No, nowhere have I stated that...where did you get that from?

You know what?
    Here's a FACT;

Correct.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The only thing that is my opinion is that with proper safety awareness, condition 0 is no less safe than condition 1.

Here is a fact...many on here fail to accept the facts.

Ah... see, this is where you're getting confused. THat is your OPINION that many here fail to accept facts. THe reality is that you are upset that people won't accept your OPINION as FACT.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Ah... see, this is where you're getting confused. THat is your OPINION that many here fail to accept facts. THe reality is that you are upset that people won't accept your OPINION as FACT.

As I had asked before...

If you think the 1911 was designed to be carried in Condition 1 over any other condition...prove it!

Show me what is fact!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    You know what?
    Here's a FACT;

While I wouldn't call subsonic speed extreme velocity...there is a nice THUMP to it when it hits the object...:):patriot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Some of you guys really get wound up about some stupid stuff :)

Just sayin.

Bunch of beanie heads arguing over minutia imo.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Tell you what unless you are Mr. Browning anything you say about the theory behind the tool is nothing but opinion. History and facts are those of the winner and creator of such. About the only person that has ever been up front and honest about the gruesome facts of war was Blood n Guts Patton. So all of you are both wrong and right END OF THREAD JACK.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Tell you what unless you are Mr. Browning anything you say about the theory behind the tool is nothing but opinion. History and facts are those of the winner and creator of such. About the only person that has ever been up front and honest about the gruesome facts of war was Blood n Guts Patton. So all of you are both wrong and right END OF THREAD JACK.

Browning's model didn't have an external safety...that is fact.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I made a fool of myself a few months ago on INGO, but at least I knew when to quit..... like now.

Have at it, folks

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    And that has already been established so what is your point other than trying to have the last word in a worthless argument?

Not the last word...it has been continually claimed, but no one has proved it to be fact...yet not a single participant in this thread that has claimed it, has come back and relinquished their stance.

A simple..."I stand corrected" would be nice. :)

Top Bottom