• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Also keep in mind when you go, you only see 80-90 cats out of the 200 some they have! Now if you want to rent out the house they have for a night, not only do you sleep with the cats right outside your door, but you get to be "keeper for a day" and see all the cats!

http://www.exoticfelinerescuecenter.org/overnight.html

EDIT: I might have gotten an idea if/when (hopefully when) Sarah and I get married!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    This is what they have.

Our Cats

It might not be completely up to date though. My favorite I have only seen once though. India is a brown striped white tiger. She is completely blind. Last time I was there, it was my girlfriends first time and the only time I have seen India out.

Sadly India passed away IIRC. We just went this past weekend and had an amazing time with my two boys. The cats get VERY excited when youngsters are in the crowd.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    house rental

I'm interested in that house rental. We have our 5 year anniversary coming up in Feb. That might be a fun way to spend it.

Jason

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    Dumb question, but how close can you get?

Completely stupid item on bucket list...I want to touch one.

Save the safety talks, I understand. I have no interest in sticking my fingers through cage holes.

But seriously.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    This is one of my favorite pics we took at that place over the years. That is what happened to the last kid that leaned up to the fence for a picture.

DSCN2302.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Save the safety talks, I understand. I have no interest in sticking my fingers through cage holes.

But seriously.

Yeah, I would too.

I just keep trying to imagine how it would feel when a domestic house cat clamps down on you...only multiplied several hundred times:eek:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

But seriously.

There is one set of chain link fence keeping you alive throughout most of the place. The only way you would be on the other side of it is if you did the volunteer gig where you help feed the animals. I don't remember the details though. You'd have to call them.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012

But seriously.

I believe there there are laws in place to prevent you from ever coming into contact with the animals when they are above a certain age. 7 months I believe. You can pet and play with them prior to that but some people claim this is unhealthy for the animals and they are more likely to die.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Going this weekend with the fam.

Have no interest in touching one...Would throw the ex in though...she could tell me what it is like. Would be good enough for me. Live through others...even if for a short time.

Top Bottom