• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I want to upgrade my trucks exhaust to something with a nice rumble, not too loud but something that sounds good. Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to go in the Northwest Indiana area? Not looking to spend a fortune

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Do you have to worry about emissions testing? Over this way I've known plenty of people running true duals with no cats or mufflers. A buddy has a 6.0l GMC 2500 set up like that. Talk about some rumble. As far as shops up there, not much of a help but if you're just looking for something like Flowmaster 40s or something similar just about any muffler shop should be able to do it. Good sounding muffler that isn't too expensive (should be under $80 for the muffler).

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Yes i have to pass emissions, was looking at flowmasters and magnaflow mufflers online. I don't want anything obnoxiously loud

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    If you find the set up you want to run (muffler choice and layout) and you buy the parts from a parts warehouse most of the bigger exhaust places will weld it up for you. Or you can buy a kit and install it yourself using exhaust clamps and then drive it to a shop and have them weld it up.

Shop wise I usually go to CarX in Schererville on U.S. 41 next to the Case Tractor Dealer. I've never had any problems with them and they are usually pretty quick. I had the exhaust replaced on my daily driver and they had it finished in about an hour.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    flowmaster is excellent! The 40 series is a little loud for many, though my personal favorite. Try a 50 or higher. Look on youtube for sound comparisons between the models. Hopefully you'll find a vehicle similar to yours or at least that has the same engine for the sound test. Good luck. I ran a 40 on my jeep TJ and it sounded like a diesel at idle :)

chromegrill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Dont know how close you are to South Bend, but just south of there 15 minutes is the town of North Liberty. On the corner of SR4 and SR23 is a shop called Genes, excellent exhaust work.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    I vote, do it your self. get a thrush if you cant afford the flowmaster. they sound bout the same. all the adapters and clamps can be found at the local parts stores pretty cheap. what kind of vehicle is it?

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Gas, 3.0L V6 Ford, think im going to buy a flowmaster 40 series online and have a shop weld it on, now i need to start calling places and getting prices.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Gas, 3.0L V6 Ford, think im going to buy a flowmaster 40 series online and have a shop weld it on, now i need to start calling places and getting prices.

It's going to sound like crap. As the owner of a 3.0L Ford, please, please keep a proper, quiet muffler on your truck.

Top Bottom