• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    It's easy. I get checks for my side work and they get turned into 100.00 bills. Those go into my safe. My regular pay goes into checking and savings , the "general fund". Separate. Apart. Not together. Get it now?

No. You do you. I don't need to understand it.

I don't have a savings account. Never have. I don't carry debt. I also deal with very little cash. Cash is reserved (almost?) exclusively for stuff like the grandkids' birthday presents and stuff. Nobody wants cash, anymore. It is an inconvenience, at best. Lose a credit card, report it, no liability. Lose cash, its gone. If I had a wad of $100 bills, I'd put it my checking account, with the rest of my general fund. I will assume that my ways look as strange to you as yours do to me. Variety makes the world go 'round. Different strokes and all that. It's all good.

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Exactly the reason it take me a long time to purchase anything related to firearms...something always comes up.
    Life is short. Buy it anyway. Stuff will be coming up for the rest of eternity. In 5 to 10 billion years, the sun will go red-giant and the earth will be vaporized. I'm not losing any sleep over that. Nor am I delaying any gun (or anything else) purchases.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I guess its a perception on how one manages their money. Like me when I was self employed, I always had what I called a back up fund in a separate savings account, plus some cash on hand in the safe. Being self employed you can't live pay check to pay check. With a mortgage and a truck payment, I am by no means living debt free, but I still manage my money that way.
    I'm not sure what I do with money could be called 'managing'. With a nod to my checking account balance, I buy what I want, so does my wife. If I run negative for a while, the balance goes down. So what? If I work more than I spend for a while, the balance goes up. Again, so what? I'm not running out and buying crap I don't want/need just 'cuz I've got a few dollars in the bank. We are frugal enough to keep the balance above $0.00, and spendy enough to know we are never going to be rich. Like Mama Bear, just right.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I'm not sure what I do with money could be called 'managing'. With a nod to my checking account balance, I buy what I want, so does my wife. If I run negative for a while, the balance goes down. So what? If I work more than I spend for a while, the balance goes up. Again, so what? I'm not running out and buying crap I don't want/need just 'cuz I've got a few dollars in the bank. We are frugal enough to keep the balance above $0.00, and spendy enough to know we are never going to be rich. Like Mama Bear, just right.
    I get it.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Life is short. Buy it anyway. Stuff will be coming up for the rest of eternity. In 5 to 10 billion years, the sun will go red-giant and the earth will be vaporized. I'm not losing any sleep over that. Nor am I delaying any gun (or anything else) purchases.
    Unfortunately, bills come first

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Rural King had a Savage Axis .350 Legend on sale and Savage has a $75 rebate in.. Too good a deal to pass up. I just happened to see it the day before my wife played her monthly cards with her lady friends. She played and I bought. Paid cash with my "mad money". Once it's in the safe she has no idea.

Top Bottom