Evicted for owning an AR-15 at Bradford Place apartments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The OP has been updated.

We are going to move out Friday. Details on special move out help will follow. I'm sure it will be an exciting event for all parties!

From the word on the street, they have not enjoyed the special attention this event has caused.

Thanks for your help!

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Can you get the direct lines to their offices? Emails are easy to ignore but calls in their voicemail are not.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Longbow, already posted on Facebook, working on a few others, as well as planning on organizing an event. also will be emailing governor, state reps, and senator.

I doubt the governor would be much help. He's probably too busy selling our highways or figuring out how to outsource more labor. A sympathetic senator may help. How about agencies that regulate housing? Surely someone might be alarmed that landlords are opening personal containers and drawers and such, and evicting when they find something not banned by the lease.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    what about calling greg garrison? this seems like it would be right up his alley.

Who's law office do you think I worked with:D.....the wild card was the type of judges in the county and the payoff for the cost of the suit didn't make sense.

They did let him out of 4 months rent.
    However, they did offer to help us in getting the law changed!:rockwoot:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Who's law office do you think I worked with:D.....the wild card was the type of judges in the county and the payoff for the cost of the suit didn't make sense.

They did let him out of 4 months rent.
    However, they did offer to help us in getting the law changed!:rockwoot:

Which law? I would have thought that going through a tenant's personal belongings would have already been aginn the law.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    So is the whole thing settled?

When you say "they", do you mean the property management firm?...and what law would they help change?

The item is closed for us.

Garison Law Firm/Indy
    They said he would help us to get a renters gun rights law passed.

The property firm, they are worthless! Gun owners should avoid Bradford in Bloomington

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    This lease agreement reminds me of the one my wife signed when we first started dating back in college. It not only forbid weapons but also forbid people of the opposite sex from staying overnight. Needless to say we broke that rule several times and I managed to convince here to move out and into a place ASAP.

Top Bottom