• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I believe technically they did make the initial request.

It was a rally to support free speech. Not a protest. The media labeled it a protest against political correctness, and I know we could call that semantics. But, saying it was a rally is truer than saying it was a protest because they promoted the one rather than protesting the other.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It was a rally to support free speech. Not a protest. The media labeled it a protest against political correctness, and I know we could call that semantics. But, saying it was a rally is truer than saying it was a protest because they promoted the one rather than protesting the other.
    It was a rally to support free speech and a protest of sorts to bring attention to antifa’s heavy handed tactics.

Ofcourse the msm doesn’t report it as such. They label it as a white supremacist rally with counter protesters without reporting the true intentions of either side.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think KG is closer to the mark here. These seem to be much more about anti-antifa than free speech.

The news media suck. There is no arguing that. I've become so disgusted with it and even the broader media covering movies, TV, and video games. I see their attempts to social engineer us all the time, and I am so tired of it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I didn't read the whole thing, but I did see that the Right were the "protesters" and Antifa were the "counterprotesters".... Agenda much, Old Gray Lady?

The NYT pushing of Russian collusion fell apart with the release of the Mueller report.
    Leaked memo's show the new attack will be "Trump is a Racist White Nationalist and so are all his supporters."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It was a rally to support free speech and a protest of sorts to bring attention to antifa’s heavy handed tactics.

Ofcourse the msm doesn’t report it as such. They label it as a white supremacist rally with counter protesters without reporting the true intentions of either side.

White supremacists have had a presence during some of these rallies. Actually, the Patriot Prayer organization pulled out of this past rally because, they said, the organizers weren't taking sufficient steps to ensure no white nationalists would participate. Some of these pro-America, pro-free-speech groups are tired of the press being able to lump them right along with the white nationalists. It happened to them in Charlottesville. Incidentally, that was one of the groups that Trump said we "good people" that the press, and even a few members of INGO wanted to lump into the same bucket as the white nationalists/alt right types.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    White supremacists have had a presence during some of these rallies. Actually, the Patriot Prayer organization pulled out of this past rally because, they said, the organizers weren't taking sufficient steps to ensure no white nationalists would participate. Some of these pro-America, pro-free-speech groups are tired of the press being able to lump them right along with the white nationalists. It happened to them in Charlottesville. Incidentally, that was one of the groups that Trump said we "good people" that the press, and even a few members of INGO wanted to lump into the same bucket as the white nationalists/alt right types.

I'll admit to it. Perhaps I should reconsider them as just plain 'ole nationalist.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah there are a lot of people and the MSM and Democrats that seek to mischaracterize things that are said by Trump to fit their narrative that they want to present to the ill- informed.

The Charlottesville incident that you have pointed out is a perfect example.

It has been one of Biden’s talking points on the trail lately and he’s still mischaracterizing what was said.

IMO this tactic is just as much or more destructive than anything Trump has said.

They seek to magnify the division though purposeful mischaracterization for political gain.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    mid-characterization?

Googled it, Looked it up in urban dictionary, nothing.

I hate misspelling gogol.

?mischaracterization?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No snark intended, Sir. I was actually trying to understand the term.

I added the proper spelling with question marks, in an edit when I figured it out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I added the proper spelling with question marks, in an edit when I figured it out.
    I appreciate that you brought it to my attention. Wasn’t sure what you were referring to until I went back and checked my post.

I do know there is no such word as “mid-characterization” and I have no explanation as to why it appeared twice toward the end of the post when it was spelled correctly in the first paragraph.

Anyway thanks for pointing it out. It gave me the opportunity to correct it so hopefully my post made more sense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sick of the media. Looking at the news, you'd assume antifa were some angels fighting the devils. But the devils didn't beat anyone, and left the area.
    antifa.. not so much.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll admit to it. Perhaps I should reconsider them as just plain 'ole nationalist.

Yeah, patriot kinda implies they're nationalists, which I don't think anyone should have a problem with. It's not a problem to be proud of your country, and be patriotic, and identify as your nationality. It's when you start mixing in the racist **** that things go awry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I am disappointed. I was fixin' to rep you for the convincing poke at a mistyped word. All in good fun and stuff. Now I'm deflated.

But I couldn't rep you anyway because of rep-nazis.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Man drives SUV at anti-fascist, No Space for Hate protesters near Bloomington farmers market

1c2ddbae-31b9-4ccd-b2c9-eaccf79b55a6.sized-1000x1000.JPG

Top Bottom