• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Leave it to CNN to try and "Normalize" ANTIFA.

(I just came across this, it's from last year so it might already be in here)
    [video=youtube;D71bwVKWxRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71bwVKWxRE[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's typical CNN spinning it all to glorifying the group as a bunch of heros battling Nazis. :n00b:

Just sad that some viewers will actually believe them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's typical CNN spinning it all to glorifying the group as a bunch of heros battling Nazis. :n00b:

Just sad that some viewers will actually believe them.
    The MSM operates on the premise that a number of viewers will believe their spin. Herding the sheep. :koolaid:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It should be, Nazis camouflaging themselves and fooling people.

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nazis must be scarce, in my 60 plus years I've never seen one "in the wild" only on TV. The antifa people must really hunt hard to find one to punch.

Easier to find turkeys late season in Indiana.;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Nazis must be scarce, in my 60 plus years I've never seen one "in the wild" only on TV. The antifa people must really hunt hard to find one to punch.

Ask Jeephammer... he claims he is surrounded by them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

[video=youtube;ZTT1qUswYL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTT1qUswYL0[/video]

[video=youtube;eGu2camh0WA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGu2camh0WA[/video]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Antifa: What happens when people become indoctrinated into believing in left versus right and lose the ability to determine which fictitious construct is good or bad for what reason.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Antifa: What happens when people become indoctrinated into believing in left versus right and lose the ability to determine which fictitious construct is good or bad for what reason.

I think it’s a bit more complicated. Studies show that 1) moral responses are intuitive, more than reasoned. 2) reason follows intuition. Given an event which triggers a moral response, we respond intuitively, instinctively. Then we apply reason to justify our moral intuition.

We don’t change our moral intuition easily on our own. But through information bubbles where we might hear the same morality expressed repeatedly, without any critical opposition, we start to adopt that moral intuition. That’s the indoctrination.

Once that becomes intuitive, which fictitious construct is good or bad doesn’t need to be reasoned. It’s intuitive. They don’t have to consult their comrades about what to think about a given moral trigger. The response comes first as if instinctive. And it’s not just progressive Antifa types.

Here’s a non-extreme example for a conservative. Your personality helps determine that you prefer to conserve values. So your values are part nature and part nurture. As you mature through childhood, you might grow to value loyalty, and respect authority.

So, given that background, let’s use a version of one of Jonathan Haidt’s moral stories to illustrate the intuition. Say you have a neighbor whose father recently passed away. He was a veteran, and received a veteran’s memorial service. You see the neighbor come home from the service with the flag. Several days later you see the neighbor getting stuff out to wash his car. You see him unfold the flag he was given, and cut it into rags and use them to wash his car. Think about your moral response as a conservative.

You would likely have quite an emotionally angry response to that. But you didn’t have to think about it. The response came intuitively. You did not need to consult your side to see what response you should give. If I asked you to justify it, you really can’t justify it logically, why he is OBJECTIVELY morality wrong to use the flag in that way. It’s YOUR values you are intuiting, not his.

And I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that intuition. You’re exercising moral foundations of loyalty, respect for authority, and perhaps purity. As long as you realize that it is not a universal moral that you require everyone else to follow, it’s fine for you to believe it’s morally wrong to treat the flag that way, and especially because of the way the neighbor got it. But you don’t get to impose your moral intuition on other people.

Back to Antifa. Their intuition is broken because of the positive feedback loop caused by the information bubble and lack of exterior criticism. Their intuition leads them to a violent response to things that are not objectively immoral. Bottom line, people need people with diverse intuitions to keep each other sane.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    jamil,
    It's always more complicated, as complicated as you want to gin it up to be. The fact remains though that the basis of the antifa useful idiot problem is that their minds have been grown within a false reality based upon left versus right instead of right versus wrong. Antifa is of course not alone in this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    jamil,
    It's always more complicated, as complicated as you want to gin it up to be. The fact remains though that the basis of the antifa useful idiot problem is that their minds have been grown within a false reality based upon left versus right instead of right versus wrong. Antifa is of course not alone in this.

I would have to agree in part and disagree in part. While right/wrong is indeed the demarcation that matters, right/left is certainly not an illusion. The right isn't always right, but leftist ideology has been consistently wrong and inherently dangerous and hostile to the concept of liberty since it was invented because it was deliberately engineered to bring centralized authority at the expense of liberty. It does not have, nor has it ever had any redeeming qualities.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    jamil,

That doesn’t sufficiently describe it. They think they’re right and it’s you that’s wrong. So now what? You’re both making a moral statement. Both thinks they’re the moral ones. And it’s the other that is wrong or immoral. To a given event which would stimulate a moral response, the response is immediate. Not thought out. Not reasoned. It’s intuited. Based on one’s worldview. Lots of research shows this. There is no moral compass that points to true moral north. You either have a worldview that produces a harmful morality or a helpful morality, or some points between.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As I said, that's because their minds have been grown up within a false reality based upon left versus right instead of right versus wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As I said, that's because their minds have been grown up within a false reality based upon left versus right instead of right versus wrong.
    Right vs wrong is a moral judgement. You act as if they don’t have a moral foundation to make right/wrong judgements. Obviously they do, because they use right/wrong language just like you do. It’s that their beliefs filter through a moral foundation that has a different priority than yours.

Why do you assume that their “leftness” isn’t based on a moral right/wrong foundation, just because their morality doesn’t produce the same moral responses that yours does?

Top Bottom