• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup, I'm home. Looking forward to Wednesday! Feeling very jet lagged now, but home.

Glad I was able to upgrade my seats from the back of the plane to the front of the plane. We asked for a complimentary upgrade for my wife and myself but the airline gave us 3 upgrades so my daughter got moved up to the front too. There were 26 traveling in our group, 23 of them sat in the last 3 or 4 rows of the plane while we dined on lobster, onion tarts, had complimentary champaign and wine, and an array of desserts. When the other kids met us on the arrival ramp they asked what we ate . . . they didn't believe Melen when she said lobster and steak . . . until she whipped out the menu. The best part was we had our own "rooms" (more like office cubes) with lay down beds. The front of the plane on British Airways is a fine way to travel!

"Airline miles" are a wonderful thing to use when the flights are long, and London to Chicago is one waaaaay too long flight.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Yup, I'm home. Looking forward to Wednesday! Feeling very jet lagged now, but home.

Glad I was able to upgrade my seats from the back of the plane to the front of the plane. We asked for a complimentary upgrade for my wife and myself but the airline gave us 3 upgrades so my daughter got moved up to the front too. There were 26 traveling in our group, 23 of them sat in the last 3 or 4 rows of the plane while we dined on lobster, onion tarts, had complimentary champaign and wine, and an array of desserts. When the other kids met us on the arrival ramp they asked what we ate . . . they didn't believe Melen when she said lobster and steak . . . until she whipped out the menu. The best part was we had our own "rooms" (more like office cubes) with lay down beds. The front of the plane on British Airways is a fine way to travel!

"Airline miles" are a wonderful thing to use when the flights are long, and London to Chicago is one waaaaay too long flight.

The only way to cap this off would be with a nice cigar afterwards. Too bad you gave them up for lent. :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The only way to cap this off would be with a nice cigar afterwards. Too bad you gave them up for lent. :laugh:

I'd give you a NEGATIVE REP for that but I'm all out until I spread them around! Honestly I don't miss cigars now, but maybe that is because I am so darn tired :( Tomorrow I'm sure I will miss them when I walk in the humidor and look around . . . and inhale.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I'd give you a NEGATIVE REP for that but I'm all out until I spread them around! Honestly I don't miss cigars now, but maybe that is because I am so darn tired :( Tomorrow I'm sure I will miss them when I walk in the humidor and look around . . . and inhale.

Had a GREAT time at the cigar night at the new lounge. Of course winning 3 out of the 5 drawings DOES help. ;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . UNLESS you plan on being there til 3pm or so. The earliest I could get there would be about 3ish.....

NOPE :( I'm back on the schedule where I have to pick my daughter up after school so I've got to leave about 1:30 every day this week.

I guess I'll just show everyone else my vacation photos :):

How soon till the next vacation ?
    I'll be in London for my sister's wedding in July. Probably leave a week or two early and hit northern France, Brussels, Holland, etc. Then stay an extra week after and go to Wales to visit a good friend of ours.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Glad you had a good trip, Bob. I will not be there tomorrow: work...
    As soon as this new guy gets trained into my position, I really want to work towards IDPA scheduling. I really want to get into some constructive shooting. I dig going BOOM, but a little structure might not be a bad thing...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    As soon as this new guy gets trained into my position, I really want to work towards IDPA scheduling. I really want to get into some constructive shooting. I dig going BOOM, but a little structure might not be a bad thing...

BTW, I was obviously not there for the cigar tasting where your wife was the hostess but I've heard some really great compliments about her :yesway:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Where were you planning on trying your hand at IDPA shooting? If you are planning on making it to NPCCC let me know. I have shot a few matches there and LOVE It!.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom