• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    A friend of mine had a personal interaction with the lad that has put my soul at peace regarding him.

Suffice to say it was all I could ever hope for, and more. Rhino can back me up on it.

That's all I can and will say about it here. :)

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Ok, so you unholstered and pointed your gun near the front door, at a piece of cardboard that scared you!? That's better?:dunno:
    Were you willing to destroy whatever was beyond the Beib?

I can understand your view and that's fine. Respect to your opinion but I truly feel no reason to explain myself in detail to you.
    If you point your firearm at a target you should always be willing to destroy whatever is behind it. You point your firearm at an intruder MY first thought is to stop the "person" from coming any closer. Perhaps the way I would deal with an intruder is not the same as you but as I did with a cardboard cut out I plan on pointing my firearm, calling to stop, and if I feel threatened pulling the trigger. I have a light on my glock and realized right away that I made a mistake.
    An intruder steps into my house the only thing I plan on destroying is their future criminal career.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I can understand your view and that's fine. Respect to your opinion but I truly feel no reason to explain myself in detail to you.
    If you point your firearm at a target you should always be willing to destroy whatever is behind it. You point your firearm at an intruder MY first thought is to stop the "person" from coming any closer. Perhaps the way I would deal with an intruder is not the same as you but as I did with a cardboard cut out I plan on pointing my firearm, calling to stop, and if I feel threatened pulling the trigger. I have a light on my glock and realized right away that I made a mistake.
    An intruder steps into my house the only thing I plan on destroying is their future criminal career.

I understand completely. And your right, you don't have to explain anything to me.
    You are the one that brought up your unusual behavior, I just questioned it.
    I think we would handle intruders in a similar way, but an inanimate object sitting in the corner? We definitely differ.
    I'm still curious though, how many times is "more than once"?

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I understand completely. And your right, you don't have to explain anything to me.
    You are the one that brought up your unusual behavior, I just questioned it.
    I think we would handle intruders in a similar way, but an inanimate object sitting in the corner? We definitely differ.
    I'm still curious though, how many times is "more than once"?

Twice and the second time was because my husband moved it. He was smart enough to not do it when the children were home.
    Here's the thing, if you are home alone And you walk past a room and see someone standing there out of the corner of your eye would you not pull your weapon?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Twice and the second time was because my husband moved it. He was smart enough to not do it when the children were home.
    Here's the thing, if you are home alone And you walk past a room and see someone standing there out of the corner of your eye would you not pull your weapon?
    I can't really answer the question honestly until it happens.
    the way I first read it, it sounded a little bizarre but the more you explain, it does make more sense.
    Every once in a while, I see my flag on the porch out of the corner of my eye and think someone is walking up to the door, so I can see your point. It just seems to me that you would realize what it was before unholstering. (but if your that quick to draw, I want you on my side if/when the s**t goes down!:):)
    Thanks for the civil discussion and for not getting too defensive!

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Don't really know who the boy is but, from what I've been told, if I do shoot him, may I be fortunate enough to hit his vocal chords.....

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'd rather have a target with Obama's picture on it, but that would probably get me a knock on the door from Homeland Security, or NSA, or TSA, or some other gestapo imitation. They don't have anything better to do apparently.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I can't really answer the question honestly until it happens.
    the way I first read it, it sounded a little bizarre but the more you explain, it does make more sense.
    Every once in a while, I see my flag on the porch out of the corner of my eye and think someone is walking up to the door, so I can see your point. It just seems to me that you would realize what it was before unholstering. (but if your that quick to draw, I want you on my side if/when the s**t goes down!:):)
    Thanks for the civil discussion and for not getting too defensive!

Thank you for the understanding. I try not to get defensive and completely understand your line of questioning. Hell, I do have children living with me and I am sure more then a few people would be worried if I were waving a firearm around my home at all hours of the night.
    And I practice drawing my weapon frequently. I've made it a part of my active lifestyle ;)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    a1405.gif

`Nuf sed.

Top Bottom