Ever Spotted Someone's CCW? I did today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I was in church and I was watching our keyboard player. He's a great guy. I knew that he is rookie small town cop about 21 years old and I started looking at his waist line to see if I could spot a concealed weapon. His shirt was a little snug and I couldn't see his right hip or back. Then I looked at his ankle when he started to walk away and I spotted it. I saw the bulge in his pants cuff and saw the shifting when he walked. I smiled to myself, because I have been trying to spot them in public and haven't had great success. I found myself wanting to say, "Hey, Tyler, I think you need to adjust your ankle holster, because it is riding a bit low." and it was. Have you ever spotted someone's CCW out in the community?

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I have once or twice around my place...at like Meijer once....and...I think Payless (small town Kroger) a couple times.

Unfortunately I'm nosey....so I often wonder if they think I'm staring because I'm nervous...in actuality, I just wanna know what kind of gun they're carrying....

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I am always looking to try and spot them. I think I've spotted 1 guy carrying but didn't see the gun just a small bulge on his right side.

I feel kinda weird looking at peoples waists so I do it as discreetly as possible.:D

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Yup. Quite often, usually keep an eye on the door most places I go. Try to check out everyone who comes and goes, which includes checking out demeanor, and scanning ankles, waistline, under arms etc. My logic is that if something does happen (God forbid) I want to know where the guns in the room are.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have probably spotted more ankle holsters than anything else. I've seen them when the wearer is sitting in restaurants and the trouser leg rides up, or when they stand from sitting and static cling won't let the trouser leg slide down. Subsequently, Ive never had much interest in one because I am uncertain I could keep it covered...to say nothing of a slow draw.

I also spotted someone carrying concealed under a sport coat. He was sitting in front of me at the symphony. Note to self: if you're going to conceal under a sport coat, don't wear one that fit 10 years ago before you gained the last 20 lbs.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Nobody seems to notice my ankle holster.

Must be my brightly colored shorts and sandals that throw them off. ;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was walking by the mirror the other day, and glanced over. Wouldn't you know it, I saw the prominent 'bulge' right on my own hip. I just smiled and whispered "Gotcha!"

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I have probably spotted more ankle holsters than anything else. I've seen them when the wearer is sitting in restaurants and the trouser leg rides up, or when they stand from sitting and static cling won't let the trouser leg slide down. Subsequently, Ive never had much interest in one because I am uncertain I could keep it covered...to say nothing of a slow draw.

I also spotted someone carrying concealed under a sport coat. He was sitting in front of me at the symphony. Note to self: if you're going to conceal under a sport coat, don't wear one that fit 10 years ago before you gained the last 20 lbs.

Betcha didn't even notice that the chick with him was carrying, too. See, that cover garment worked then, didn't it? ;)

So, ISO? 'Cause I luv going to the ISO. I don't go as often as I used to, though. It's probably been a year and half since my last trip.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't think it "counts" if you knew the guy was a cop...many cops are required to be armed off duty. :)

I've spotted a few printing over the last few years...one guy entering meijers with his wife and small child had his jacket ride up over his compact glock, he pulled it back down to cover it when entering the store.

Glocker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    I see them quite often, I look for them all the time.
    I am a large guy ,and I admit that mine shows sometimes.
    The ones that are hard to tell is in the small of the back, if the shirt is loose enough.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I've seen a few here in Indiana, but most were cops. I saw a guy printing horribly in Baltimore one time, which surprised me, because I'm pretty sure they frown on that out there. :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I spot concealed weapons all the time, especially in WalMart. Every once in a while it is OC. Most often the gun is printing or a bulge at the waist line. Trick is not to look for a gun as much as what a person is wearing or their mannerisms.

1) If a person is wearing a gunsite ball cap and a vest...look for the gun.
    2) Walking across the parking lot with a cover garment and looking everyone in the eye and watching every car....look for the gun.
    3) "tactical" pants and obviously thick belt...look for the gun.
    4) Cheap Uncle Mikes Nylon Holster with a beat up old pistol in it ... Damn That Guy Has a Gun! :D

Top Bottom