Ever Spotted Someone's CCW? I did today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I don't think it "counts" if you knew the guy was a cop...many cops are required to be armed off duty. :)

Perhaps, but consider it like a trapeze artist working with a net. Being LEO in the military, we were required to not be armed off duty. It never made any sense to me. They could trust me with a pistol for the first 12 hours of the day, but not the 2nd 12 hours. Boggled my mind. Anyway... I still spotted it.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I conceal at 12 o'clock for the bludge ;)

Is that a Desert Eagle in your pants, or are you just happy to see me? :laugh:

Yeah I've spotted quite a few, I work in retail and watch people come and go all day. I see at least a few a month. Noticed a guy with a bulge on his left side Monday, clearly a full size handgun. Thought about just asking him if he was left handed on his way out, and just seeing what his response would be.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I see them quite often, I look for them all the time.
    I am a large guy ,and I admit that mine shows sometimes.
    The ones that are hard to tell is in the small of the back, if the shirt is loose enough.

Also, carrying in the appendix position is very hard to spot. Especially if you're like me & a little chubby. It goes away completely under the "tent" created by the shirt over the belly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I spot concealed weapons all the time, especially in WalMart. Every once in a while it is OC. Most often the gun is printing or a bulge at the waist line. Trick is not to look for a gun as much as what a person is wearing or their mannerisms.

1) If a person is wearing a gunsite ball cap and a vest...look for the gun.
    2) Walking across the parking lot with a cover garment and looking everyone in the eye and watching every car....look for the gun.
    3) "tactical" pants and obviously thick belt...look for the gun.
    4) Cheap Uncle Mikes Nylon Holster with a beat up old pistol in it ... Damn That Guy Has a Gun! :D

QFT....

clothing is a huge giveaway. It baffles me that someone is carrying concealed, but will be out in the mall with 5.11 pants and a glock hat, and think "no one suspects a thing."
    things that get my attention:
    -police shirts (ie swat comp, memorial shirts, random pds)
    -combat boots
    -fanny packs (if under 70)
    -basket weave belts
    -2nd Amd shirts (NRA, "cold, dead, hand tees")
    -cargo pants (certain brands)
    -guys with layered shirts (open button down over tee)
    -climate inappropiate clothing

I've been guilty of all of that stuff 'cept the fanny pack. Now I make due with normal attire

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Here is a document that some of you may have seen already.
    Its about how to spot concealed handguns.
    This is from the NYPD so its mainly about ILLEGAL concealed guns (I guess).
    Here in Indiana someone wont be nervous knowing he's carrying a concealed gun because its legal.Still some interesting things on that document I think.
    And lets not forget that because its legal to conceal carry in Indiana doesnt mean that all the people we spot carrying are doing it legally.
    I keep an eye on everyone I spot with a concealed gun because I dont know if they have the little pink card or not to go with their piece.

foo.jpg

Of course I found out that people who OC makes it way easier to spot. :D

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Have spotted a couple but not many. Lots of people do the baggy clothes thing and it makes it a little hard to see the waste line. Especially on the younger people. Gonna have to start challenging myself to find the guns in the room now....:ar15:

Top Bottom