Ever regretted getting rid of a particular firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yes. I've done it twice, and regretted it both times, but in both cases their need was greater than mine. I exacted a promise that I get first rights to buy them back though, if they are ever offered for sale.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I think I've sold one gun of my own, ever, and it was only to turn around and purchase what I wanted to trade for.

I LOVE to barter and trade, though. All of my trades have worked out well for both folks in the end, I think, but in particular I miss two handguns I traded off..

1 - SW 4506. It was big and heavy and so forth, but it was a nice gun. I have a j-frame that I actually carry instead because of it, but I still miss it.

2 - Ruger P89 - they're ugly as sin, but I miss it for some reason.

Other than that? Nah, I'm pretty happy with every trade I've made..

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I only wish I'd have waited to sell until now! :lol: No, I don't really regret selling any of them. The ones I am afraid I would regret, I don't sell.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    All the time.....usually came down to ecomonics. M1A, I miss the most, is with a friend so I get to visit it from time to time. Its just stuff......we can always get more/different stuff! I like and use almost everything I have now...and since I hit 50 posts, the ones I don't want will be posted soon.

Its good to sit at the grown up table finally

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    Yeah!! I had a Mossberg 9200 12ga.( One of the few non-jamming guns) It had a cantilever rifled slug barrel with a Simmomn's Black Diamond scope on it. It was the best shooting slug gun I ever owned. It was really a good gun, but I traded it for a new Parker compound bow. Maybe the one I should have kept LOL!

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I collected most of my life and had aquired a good number of quality firearms. Long story short, had a heart attack colud not work (still had bills to pay) and was forced to sell all but about 10 pieces. The sale allowed me to keep up the house but, it was tough to see them go. I sold all on consignment thru an auction house. They combined mine with another collectors, well over 150 guns in total. I think there was more three than that crowd of people could handle. The guns did not bring anything close to market value. Several people got some good buys that day.
    Still hate the thought.....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Further reflection:

So far, there's only been one that I really & truly regret selling.

I'd bought a LNIB Ruger GP100 (4" blued) at Gander Mountain for a little over $300.

Rarely ever shot it... Sold it.

Then kicked myself for no longer having a .357.

And while I've ended up with a much prettier .357 subsequently - I shouldn't have sold that Ruger because it was perfect for what I wanted/needed. Thus far, it's the only gun I've sold that I've replaced.

-J-

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah. A few weeks ago before all the madness I sold my Yugo M70 AB2 underfolder AK. I had planned on using the money to get another better quality one like an Arsenal SLR101, but now...:(

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    If it was a unique gun that I sold and wished I hadn't and could never replace it, I say to myself "it is what it is" and move on.

I really missed one once but just bought it again later. But I wouldn't consider that a regret, just a re-purchase that was a practical action item executed as a result of a realignment of priorities :)

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Sold a Yugoslavian a.k. with an underfolder I bought for 425.00, sold it for 600.00 with 5 mags. And 400 rnds of ammo. Now I can't even find one to replace it.

Top Bottom