• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Roadie,
    First, so sorry to read of the loss of Louie. As has been said many times, it SUCKS losing your furry family members almost as much (and in some cases more than) the humans. I lost my lab/mastiff a few months ago... cried like a baby, and tearing up now. I have his urn just above me on the top of the headboard of the bed, with his collar around it. Truly sucks losing them.

I will always use a vet to make my furry family members' passage easier. Some say, and I respect their choices, "my pet, my responsibility", but for me, I look at it like my gun is how I deal with life-threats. If it hurts them, that's not my problem: They shouldn't have come seeking trouble, because they will have found it. My four-legged family members, OTOH, I want to pass peacefully, calmly, without pain or suffering. I don't want the last thing they see to be the barrel of my gun and me behind the sights, not to mention that I don't want that to be the last way I see them. All of mine that have made that last trip to the vet have looked up at me and my wife and daughter with love and trust, as if they knew we were doing what was necessary, out of love.

Finally, I've taken comfort before, and tried to offer some, in situations like this, with the following. I hope it is helpful to you.

Rainbow%20Bridge.jpg

RIP Louie.

Blessings,
    Bill

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    14 year old Lab that was the first dog I really raised from a pup and that stayed inside the house. He had canine [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Degenerative myelopathy which they used to say was like MS but now say is more like Lou Gehrigs' s disease. He went from being a dog that loved to run and play fetch until he was completely worn out to falling down when he would walk. We were afraid he would really hurt himself falling down and as the disease progressed, it would start to effect his ability to breath. He was the first and only animal I have ever been with while they were euthanized an[/FONT]d not sure I could do it again. It took me about 3 months of feeling like the house was too quiet and too empty, so I adopted a rescue Lab mix. He didn't replace my other lab but he has just as big of a place in my heart.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thanks Bill.

When we got his ashes back they had included a card with an "End of Life" certificate, and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge. I did some research, and found some people mentioned the similarity to the Bifrost Bridge of Norse Mythology.

I think my wife will be putting his urn on our headboard as well. He spent so much time in our bed, it only seems fitting

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Thanks Bill.

When we got his ashes back they had included a card with an "End of Life" certificate, and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge. I did some research, and found some people mentioned the similarity to the Bifrost Bridge of Norse Mythology.

I think my wife will be putting his urn on our headboard as well. He spent so much time in our bed, it only seems fitting

we have ours all in the bedroom too. For the same reason. I don't have a headboard so they are lined up on the safe.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    When I go home from work tonight, my Lab will greet me at the door, wagging her tail and whining like I have been gone for days instead of hours, and it will be all better... for awhile

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Heartbreaking. You have my sympathies.

Yeah, I've had to do it. it's one of the hardest things to do in life, in my opinion.

My dog and cat are both very old, and they've been buddies for many years. I've been thinking how hard it's going to be to lose them, and how hard it will be for the one that remains after the fist one is gone. Selfishly hoping they die naturally when their time comes and I don't have to put either one of them down.

Top Bottom