• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dropped my condition-4 Beretta Nano onto my bathroom's vinyl floor after getting my foot underneath it to beak the fall. The pistol and I were unscathed; I didn't inspect the floor :)

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The gunsmith was trying to explain to me what he was looking for during his test while we were on the range. In the midst of him doing so he lost his grip and it dropped to the floor in slow motion (one in the chamber). It bounced by my feet but didn't go off. It was hard to slow my heart rate the rest of the day. No ND, thank you God...and Glock! :)

Wouldn't a discharge as a result of accidentally dropping a gun be an AD rather than a ND?

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Wouldn't a discharge as a result of accidentally dropping a gun be an AD rather than a ND?

It's careless to not have firm control of a gun you are holding causing it to drop, therefore in my mind the situation is considered negligent. ...what's in the air back home that's causing everyone's to be super nitpicky on the boards lately? Jeez :rolleyes:

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    I dropped my M&P on the driveway two weeks after I bought it. Thankfully nothing in the chamber at the time. Landed directly on the rear sights. Fortunately there is only a small mark and the sights did not shift at all. Gotta love the M&P

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had my CZ82 in the side pocket of a rental car and opened the door at a gas station and it fell on the concrete.

CZ makes a good gun...

swanny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    I droped a gun for the first time yesterday. Someone was handing me something when my hands were already full. Luckly it was in a hard case at the time so it wasn't a big deal.

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Yes I have.... brand new G33 357SIG. Dropped it in my parents driveway. Had the stock sites. Rear site was torn half off, revealing that it was nothing more than plastic over a metal clip in the rear site groove. Didnt hurt finish or function of gun tho. Did however force me to purchase new Tns sites. And hurt my pride....Also ref the kydex question....I dont personally care for kydex holsters but have alot of buddys that do. Bladetech seems to be the popular choice.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've dropped lots of M16's in the Army. Heck I dropped my M249 SAW in the snow several times while conducting arctic training, lol. Fortunately they were only loaded with blank ammo. Pushups are usually required for gun drops. So next time make sure to get down with it!!!!!

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Yep!

Just got my new kimber ultra crimson carry2 off of layaway! Took me 8to weeks to pay for it. Walking down the side walk trying to get my " in the pant holster" in the pants, with the gun in it, the gun fell out and was kicke down the sidewalk. Luckily i never keep a round chambered. But it did give my 1000 dollar pistol some character. Lesson learned there.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I used to carry my Glock19 in my waistband. Got out of my Suburban and didn't check it good enough and it had been pushed up some during the drive. I went into an outdoor shop and it fell onto the floor and bounced a bit as the floor was very thin carpet over concrete. I was completely stunned by what had just happened! Looked around and nobody was in the area. Picked it up and tucked it away quickly. I was mortified by my lack of good judgement at the time and have used a holster from that day forward!!! I found out that day that comfort don't mean secure!

Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    One of my earliest gun show memories, my dad was trading his 30-30 lever rifle for some fellows .45 Ruger. While my dad was looking over the Ruger it slipped out of his hands and landed with a rather loud KLATTER KLATTER and the whole place fell dead silent, he ended up trading. Ever since I remind him 'watch out those Rugers are slippery'.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Yes I have.... brand new G33 357SIG. Dropped it in my parents driveway. Had the stock sites. Rear site was torn half off, revealing that it was nothing more than plastic over a metal clip in the rear site groove. Didnt hurt finish or function of gun tho. Did however force me to purchase new Tns sites. And hurt my pride....Also ref the kydex question....I dont personally care for kydex holsters but have alot of buddys that do. Bladetech seems to be the popular choice.

Stock glock sights are just a dovetail protector. Glock realizes that serious users have strong preferences for their sights so choose not to increase the price by putting heavy duty sights on their stock guns that people will just replace with their preferred sights anyway.

Personally, I go with XS Big Dots.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Just got my new kimber ultra crimson carry2 off of layaway! Took me 8to weeks to pay for it. Walking down the side walk trying to get my " in the pant holster" in the pants, with the gun in it, the gun fell out and was kicke down the sidewalk. Luckily i never keep a round chambered. But it did give my 1000 dollar pistol some character. Lesson learned there.

Will you say that if you get attacked by three thugs who sprint at you with knives?

There is no reason to keep your weapon unchambered. You could have bought a hammer for $12, but you took 8 weeks, and spent $1000 on one.

Top Bottom