Ever consider if your EDC would stop a polar bear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    The way i see it is if he is coming after me i at least want to put a good 3-4 380 in his skin to think about while he is eating me. The wife and i did a hike in Glacier mountain national park on a windy day and i couldnt hear much besides wind. We were about 7 miles into the hike when out of nowhere a cinnamon colored black bear "at the time i thought it was a grizzly" popped up in the weeds about 30 feet from us. I about turded my pants trying to get out the snub 357 just in case he decided to come at us. Luckily he was just eating berries and didnt really care that we were walking by. To bad i did, I walked backwards for a long while. Its different when your in an area were most of the critters can eat you if they want unlike indiana.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    When I go hiking in Upper Michigan I carry my 10mm, I'm pretty sure it'll work bear duty...I hope, should Yogi Bear want to turn me into trail poo. Or should I say Yogi's pigment challenged friend.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    539497_516512701697081_552740254_n_zps97fb9655.jpg

Pretty sure you just got the best picture of sasquatch ever

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    My EDC weapon would kill a polar bear if he tried to swallow it and it choked him to death.
    That is all.

Oh wait. This is just stupid. All you have to do is distract the bear and kick him in the nuts. This is well established and the discussion should go no futher:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU[/ame]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When I go hiking in Upper Michigan I carry my 10mm, I'm pretty sure it'll work bear duty...I hope, should Yogi Bear want to turn me into trail poo. Or should I say Yogi's pigment challenged friend.

I'm pretty sure anything bigger than a black bear is going to shrug off a 10mm and then eat you alive for pissing it off.

I'd say anything short of a safari capable rifle isn't for the sane.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Stupid Should hurt, i wouldn't shoot any animal in a zoo, in it's place, because someone isn't smart enough to leave them alone. In nature, i wouldn't think twice about shooting any animal that threatens my family.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I've never considered that because I live well south of polar bear country, and south and way east of grizzly bear country. No, I would not shoot the beer in this situation. Being stupid has consequences.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I've never considered that because I live well south of polar bear country, and south and way east of grizzly bear country. No, I would not shoot the beer in this situation. Being stupid has consequences.

I, myself would NEVER, under any circumstance, discharge my firearm at a full beer can, sir, and I condemn you for even speaking of such an atrocity...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't think my EDC would fare well against a polar bear. In this situation, I wouldn't try it anyway. If you're stupid enough to jump into a bear's habitat I'm certainly not going to hurt the bear for doing what bears do. I'd toss her a rope, obviously from a safe location with an iced tea, and try to help her as much as I could.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    As a simple point of fact - polar bears are generally agreed to be the most dangerous animals in most zoos. They are hella aggressive, very fast, large and powerful animals. Probably what you have to do to survive in one of the desolate environments on Earth as a top predator.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not since I wintered-over with the Navy have I had to protect myself from Polar Bears. I love Polar Bears so I'm glad I never had to shoot one.

No really, but it sounds good.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom