Ever consider if your EDC would stop a polar bear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    LOL!

Line of the year, "the bear mistakes her for a walrus". HA!!!

If someone is dumb enough to go into a polar bear enclosure, she needs to be eaten. Sorry, but that is a fact.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tim_treadwell_large.jpg

Timothy Treadwell approves of this thread. :yesway:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I would have shot the polar bear. I carry a 9mm sig p226 and that should be more than enough to bring down a polar bear.

After all, it worked on Lost.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJOIHb4vxs[/ame]

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Unless an invasion of southern Indiana by polar bears is predicted, I don't think I'm going to lose much sleep over it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Circumstances

If you and I are hiking and a bear attacks us, I have no need to shoot the bear. However, I believe even a .22lr will do the job. All I need to do is kneecap you and keep moving.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would imagine, that IF I were to find myself in a situation where a Polar Bear is a threat to me, no matter what type of weapon I happen to be carrying at the time......would not seem like it was anywhere near adequate.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I spent a while living in Hoonah,Alaska on Chichagof Island... The island has the highest population of Brown Bear per sq mile in the world and I saw these amazing creatures in their natural habitat on a daily basis.

One story I remember fondly is that I was Salmon fishing and had two on the bank... Maybe twenty feet from me out pops a mature Brown Bear who looked at me, looked at the two Salmon on the bank, swiped one and went on his way...

The only time I ever felt threatened was when I stumbled upon a mother and her twin cubs... I could hear and feel her stalking me all the way back to the trail head where I had parked the ATV that day... But the bottom line is that circumstance it was my own actions that put me in a less than intelligent position, but I respected her space when she told me to back off, and I made it home safe...

The woman who jumped into this enclosure deserved to die the slow death a Bear provides... It's simply weeding out the idiots by natural selection.

538460_516510345030650_45945747_n_zps0258f254.jpg

539497_516512701697081_552740254_n_zps97fb9655.jpg

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    No way would I shoot the bear. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I've got a hunch bears are worth a lot of money to their zoo.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I only carry a .22 when I am with my friends out in bear country. Considering that I don't have to outrun the bear, just the slowest of my friends, a good leg shot with a .22 will slow any one of them down.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If you and I are hiking and a bear attacks us, I have no need to shoot the bear. However, I believe even a .22lr will do the job. All I need to do is kneecap you and keep moving.

If Drob and I go out together we both might get eaten by the bear. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will never ever see a polar bear in the wild so no, it has not been thought about. What I will and do run across in the wild on a regular basis my EDC will handle very nicely thank you very much.

Top Bottom