• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do these private parties use any tax dollars to pay for their primaries? If so I can vote in any of them. I paid for it.

Republicans, Democrats, and even libertarians are in a private party. You have no right voting in their primary to select their candidates for general election. If you truly believe in voting for the man, then your opportunity to make your voice heard is in the general election, choosing between the candidates selected by the members of any parties and independent candidates that may run. Only do what they please liberals really believe they should have a voice in the parties selection of the candidates to present their values and vision.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm not victim and nobody's suppressing anything of mine.
    Going into the polling place in June -- if we're voting in person -- getting a ballot and casting it however I see fit.
    If you wanna be pissed 'cause I won't go into why I vote D, be pissed! Don't know which part of being an American says I've have to explain myself 'cause someone demands it.
    I'm not here to win hearts and minds or campaign for anyone. All I really said was as an experienced, trained gunner who has given his time and money to the 2A 'cause, I get tired of taking sh** for simply being a D, and that I think it's a bad practice/habit for the gunning community.
    Trigger downward, dude. Go to a safe place. Send this thread to Hillary's people if you want. I've never liked her or supported her. Maybe she'll send someone to kill me.

Im not pissed you don’t wanna give your reasons why you vote for tyrants? I asked, respectfully, what you align with on the democrat side. I never pressed it any further after you said you didn’t wanna argue politics, 10 comments ago :rolleyes:

And I already explained, I don’t need you to tell me why you align with the left, after seeing your comments I fully understand.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    14 parties ... and two with any chance of putting their candidate in the White House.
    Look, dude, No. 1, I've previously said I don't always vote the party line. But in any case, I don't have to change parties 'cause you've got a fear of or extreme dislike of the Dems.
    Also, Joe Biden is not going to get your guns. Clinton's AWB went pooft and showed itself to be ineffective, Obama couldn't get an AWB, and neither is Biden or any other D.
    No one's coming to your house to kill you 'cause you own an MSR.
    Look, I'm gonna pull D ballot in June. If that makes you mad, makes you think I'm a horrible person or a bad American or don't belong on the INGO board, I'm gonna have to live with it.

This comment says all I need to know. You’re free to do whatever you want. But when your rationale is “they said they’ll take your guns, and they have under Clinton, but we have them back now so it won’t happen again” I feel no need to further engage in any discussion with you.

Obama couldn’t get a AWB, but he sure tried. Clinton did. And Biden will also try. Glad to see you don’t give a ****, it won’t happen, Mark on the internet said so.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I thought this was in the political forum. We are getting off base for this one.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do these private parties use any tax dollars to pay for their primaries? If so I can vote in any of them. I paid for it.

When they ask what ballot you want it is understood that you are a member of that party, so if you take a ballot for the party you are saying you are of that party. It is on the honor system but if you do not claim to be a member and take a ballot you are lying. The state runs primaries for all parties, start one and you too can be in the primary. The state does not run primaries for just the two big parties.

I will say it again if you do not claim to be a member of the party you have no right to vote to select their candidate for general election.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I will say it again if you do not claim to be a member of the party you have no right to vote to select their candidate for general election.

Bull****. If the law allows it, then the law allows it. The fundamental definition of a right. Don't like it? Get the law changed. Or move to a state with a closed primary, if you feel that strongly about it.

There are realistically 2 choices in the election for President. If the winner of the party that I most closely align with is a foregone conclusion, I will absolutely vote in the other party's primary for the person who I believe will either be unable to beat my favored candidate in the other party or be the least harmful in the event that he/she wins against my favored candidate.

Why? Because I don't give a flying **** about political party rules. I only care about electing the least bad choice into office, since it's been a while since I've seen a "good" candidate.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    This comment says all I need to know. You’re free to do whatever you want. But when your rationale is “they said they’ll take your guns, and they have under Clinton, but we have them back now so it won’t happen again” I feel no need to further engage in any discussion with you.

Obama couldn’t get a AWB, but he sure tried. Clinton did. And Biden will also try. Glad to see you don’t give a ****, it won’t happen, Mark on the internet said so.

"And they have under Clinton, but we have them back now"?
    What?
    They didn't take guns under the Clinton ban. Not my AK, SKSs, a couple different ARs, a Valmet, M1 Carbine, etc., that I owned during the ban. The Clinton AWB did not include confiscation of guns already in private hands or even already in the country and on the shelves.
    The thing proved a farce on its face, doomed from jump street, didn't effect crime rates and cost the Dems both chambers in '94. Even Clinton admitted his "win" cost his own party in elections for years.
    Colt's loss of the patent suit in '88 and Bill Clinton's ban ('94 to 2004) were two of the big reasons the black rifle took off and sales soared into the millions. It also fed the NRA and the GOP for decades. It was one of the dumbest pieces of politics in American history.

Last edited:

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    Crazy how they are all finally realizing they need to protect themselves and there family, isn't it funny that this same people shouting for gun control are now buying themselves new toy. Hypocrisy every where is all I see.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    [video=youtube;oVGykWCsiG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGykWCsiG8[/video]

Voting for Biden is just as bad as doing it yourself.

Or is he a liar, and why would you knowingly choose to vote for a liar, or believe his other policy positions?

^ THIS, right here. ^
    If firearms are your passion or hobby and freedom is what you cherish and you vote dems in power you are cutting your own throat. Maybe not one big jugular slice at once, maybe only a little at a time. But eventually you'll strike that artery. Yes I'm sure everyone is aware that not every single D pol wants gun control, but those are a minority in their party, or probably a Fudd. The people controlling that party, the ones who wield the power when those friendly neighborhood dems get elected to boost their party numbers don't care what those minority voices have to say and a lot of times those friendly dems end up voting down party lines out of fear of reprisal. If you don't see that you are either lying to yourself or blind. I would never consider voting dem because of this. Well, there's many reasons really but in my head this is #1. Forget the fact that it's "guns", why shouldn't the threat of losing one of the first ten amendments to the constitution be enough to make someone a "single issue voter"?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Crazy how they are all finally realizing they need to protect themselves and there family, isn't it funny that this same people shouting for gun control are now buying themselves new toy. Hypocrisy every where is all I see.

Hypocrisy is the cornerstone and foundation of being a Democrat.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    "And they have under Clinton, but we have them back now"?
    What?
    They didn't take guns under the Clinton ban. Not my AK, SKSs, a couple different ARs, a Valmet, M1 Carbine, etc., that I owned during the ban. The Clinton AWB did not include confiscation of guns already in private hands or even already in the country and on the shelves.
    The thing proved a farce on its face, doomed from jump street, didn't effect crime rates and cost the Dems both chambers in '94. Even Clinton admitted his "win" cost his own party in elections for years.
    Colt's loss of the patent suit in '88 and Bill Clinton's ban ('94 to 2004) were two of the big reasons the black rifle took off and sales soared into the millions. It also fed the NRA and the GOP for decades. It was one of the dumbest pieces of politics in American history.

So making them unavailable for everyone else is fine, as long as you get to keep yours? A ban is completely unconstitutional, and unacceptable. Just because they had a grandfather clause doesn't make it okay. The goal is to completely eliminate private gun ownership. That's the Democrat's platform. They are well aware it's not going to happen overnight. Slow, incremental changes. Frog in a pot of boiling water. They've been a lot less subtle lately, but that's their plan. Just a little at a time, and you're perfectly okay with that, because they didn't come for your guns last time. If they had it their way, they absolutely would have.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So making them unavailable for everyone else is fine, as long as you get to keep yours? A ban is completely unconstitutional, and unacceptable. Just because they had a grandfather clause doesn't make it okay. The goal is to completely eliminate private gun ownership. That's the Democrat's platform. They are well aware it's not going to happen overnight. Slow, incremental changes. Frog in a pot of boiling water. They've been a lot less subtle lately, but that's their plan. Just a little at a time, and you're perfectly okay with that, because they didn't come for your guns last time. If they had it their way, they absolutely would have.

Just ask Diane Feinstein

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    ^ THIS, right here. ^
    If firearms are your passion or hobby and freedom is what you cherish and you vote dems in power you are cutting your own throat. Maybe not one big jugular slice at once, maybe only a little at a time. But eventually you'll strike that artery. Yes I'm sure everyone is aware that not every single D pol wants gun control, but those are a minority in their party, or probably a Fudd. The people controlling that party, the ones who wield the power when those friendly neighborhood dems get elected to boost their party numbers don't care what those minority voices have to say and a lot of times those friendly dems end up voting down party lines out of fear of reprisal. If you don't see that you are either lying to yourself or blind. I would never consider voting dem because of this. Well, there's many reasons really but in my head this is #1. Forget the fact that it's "guns", why shouldn't the threat of losing one of the first ten amendments to the constitution be enough to make someone a "single issue voter"?

Sanders remains the only dem I can think of who, while he talks big on gun control, the state he governed has the most broad gun rights of basically any state in the country.

The again, he isn't really a dem.

And anyone who thinks this isn't a political thread should read the title.

P.S. Guns aren't a single issue voting affair. The second amendment is the only protection there is for the rest of the constitution, it is the fine thread stitching together this country's unique freedoms. If it falls, the rest will follow suit quickly, one only needs to look at the UK and what happened after they took the guns, to know this is reality.
    The UK used to be a relatively free country, then they took the guns, and now if you offend someone on twitter your door will be busted down and you will be taken to prison.

There's many folks here in the US who want to reshape our country to be like that, and those folks are the ones seeking to implement gun control, as it's the only thing standing in their way.

It's really ashame there isn't a gun friendly left wing party in the US, we should be able to all agree on the constitution even if we disagree on economic ideology.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Yep.

Mark's argument is that the democrats wanted to kill him, but all they did was chop his arm off, so they're really not that bad.

Don't be ridiculous. I have two arms, and there's a Colt LE6920 in the safe.
    I don't think the Democrats or anyone else literally CAN pass an AWB these days .. not after the failure of the Clinton ban. Further, if the will wasn't there after Vegas, it's not going to be there.
    Between the GOP and Blue Dog/swing-state/rural Dems, a D president would have tremendous difficulty mustering support for an AWB.
    Of course, I also believe in things like Congressional oversight, an independent judiciary and things like inspector generals ... 'cause no one man or woman, nor one branch of government, should ever have monarch-like power in the US.
    If someone's political priorities began and end with the black rifle, or abortion, or some other single issue ... that's his or her right. Mine don't.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute

You miss the simple point of fact that was misstated in the post I was replying to. Guns already in private hands and in the market place were not taken as stated by the poster. It wasn't just "my" "assault weapons" that were not seized, it was that such "assault weapons" already in owners and dealers hands were not seized.
    ARs and AKs and other "assault weapons" and remained on the shelves and available for purchase during the AWB. I know this 'cause I bought some, sold some.
    The poster's point about taking guns under the Clinton AWB was simply not factual.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't be ridiculous. I have two arms, and there's a Colt LE6920 in the safe.
    I don't think the Democrats or anyone else literally CAN pass an AWB these days .. not after the failure of the Clinton ban. Further, if the will wasn't there after Vegas, it's not going to be there.
    Between the GOP and Blue Dog/swing-state/rural Dems, a D president would have tremendous difficulty mustering support for an AWB.
    Of course, I also believe in things like Congressional oversight, an independent judiciary and things like inspector generals ... 'cause no one man or woman, nor one branch of government, should ever have monarch-like power in the US.
    If someone's political priorities began and end with the black rifle, or abortion, or some other single issue ... that's his or her right. Mine don't.

If the Kavanaugh/Russia, Russia, Russia/Impeach Bad Orange Man issues hadn't consumed the Democrats, I would hazard a guess that there would have been an attempt after Las Vegas. With the GOP controlling the Senate (thankfully), it probably wouldn't have gone anywhere, but it wouldn't have been for lack of trying.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Frankly, I think this whole thread should be in Politics ... in which case I'd never have entered it.

Blink twice if you are being held hostage and being forced to post in this misplaced thread.
    A team is on standby and will respond to your emergency in a timely manner.
    The safe word is "Benghazi."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom