• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My town is currently building a new fire house, I guess the current one is perfectly good, but they have outgrown it. It was built iirc somewhere around 1900, it's been updated since then but it's still only has two bays with no way of adding on more. Since they don't have space to store all the engines it slows response time down some since they have to go to them and then to the scene.
    Oh, I don't have a problem with a new building, it's all that glass block and fancy architectural work just to try and outdo the neighboring towns new firehouses. All we ever hear from our elected officials is "we don't have the money for that", and then they go and build the Taj Mahal to park a ladder truck in.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    It will be. After the insurance co pays out lord knows how much by the end of this. You don't think the rates are going to go way up? Along with what the city itself is paying for attorney fees. It's going to cost the city a good bit in the long run.

Its still not their money. The government has no money. They are wasting money that they stole from the hard working people of Evansville. If the insurance goes up, so will the taxes.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The city should be mad at their officials throwing away their tax money.

Its still not their money. The government has no money. They are wasting money that they stole from the hard working people of Evansville. If the insurance goes up, so will the taxes.

Not trying to speak for Actaeon, but I took his comment of "the city" to mean the residents that make up the city. Not the govt of the city, which would be the officials they should be mad at.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, I don't have a problem with a new building, it's all that glass block and fancy architectural work just to try and outdo the neighboring towns new firehouses. All we ever hear from our elected officials is "we don't have the money for that", and then they go and build the Taj Mahal to park a ladder truck in.

Agreed. You can do some amazingly cheap buildings using pre-engineered steel. And you can still have the innards built out real nice and comfy for the sake of the workers. From the comfort of the rec room, kitchen, etc you have no idea you arent in a fancy limestone building.

Not trying to speak for Actaeon, but I took his comment of "the city" to mean the residents that make up the city. Not the govt of the city, which would be the officials they should be mad at.
    And there are probably more people here on INGO know about this than citizens of E'ville.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

That's understandable, the one they are building here isn't plain jane but far from the Taj Mahal.

Agreed. You can do some amazingly cheap buildings using pre-engineered steel. And you can still have the innards built out real nice and comfy for the sake of the workers. From the comfort of the rec room, kitchen, etc you have no idea you arent in a fancy limestone building.

And there are probably more people here on INGO know about this than citizens of E'ville.

The one here is a mix, a good bit of pre-engineered steel, along with some block.

And it wouldn't surprise me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you ever find yourself in southern Indiana on I-65, take the veterans pkwy exit. Immediately west of 65 is a Walmart and sams club, immediately west of that, is the taj mahal of firehouses! Prepare to be amazed!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some day, I hope to be so efficient with my word use as to include such pithy quotes and stay within my allotted word count...but the chances do not look good. I would, however, be looking for an opportunity to quote "Young Frankenstein".

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The Month Python reference was priceless.

As one other observed, it's not the officials' money (beyond their tax contribution). I've seen this behavior elsewhere, both where I live now and in a previous life in another state, although not with 2A issues. There's undoubtedly several within the group of mayor and city council, or their key political supporters (i.e. the ones with campaign money) that are driving the attorney representing the city to do anything and everything, including throwing the linguine at the kitchen wall to see if it sticks without sliding off. When motivated for political reasons, particularly when pandering to (key) political supporters, one of the first casualties is rational thinking. They cannot appear to have relented, even with near zero possibility of prevailing.

My prediction:
    The city is not going to quit until they're firmly and most unequivocally told by the ISC that just like all good things coming to an end, so too must all bad things. Thus their litigation on this is dead with no possible resurrection on the third day following, nor the first, or second, or fifth, or any other. Cue Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch:

[video=youtube;npjOSLCR2hE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE[/video]

John

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Some day, I hope to be so efficient with my word use as to include such pithy quotes and stay within my allotted word count...but the chances do not look good. I would, however, be looking for an opportunity to quote "Young Frankenstein".

I do it on a regular basis. Not in legal documents, but I quote Young Frankenstein at least 4 times a week.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The Month Python reference was priceless.

Liberals have been throwing away money, at LEAST since 1965 .....

Thats when "the war on poverty" started .....

And their solution, to EVERY problem,

is MORE MONEY .....

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I do it on a regular basis. Not in legal documents, but I quote Young Frankenstein at least 4 times a week.

I quote John Wayne, and Clint Eastwood, and Jack Nicolson, does that count ?????

Pilgrim, you've caused a lot of trouble, today .....

Do ya feel lucky, punk .....

You can't handle the truth .....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Liberals have been throwing away money, at LEAST since 1965 .....

Thats when "the war on poverty" started .....

And their solution, to EVERY problem,

is MORE MONEY .....

The one thing that seems to be an absolute truth in all this?

When you tackle society's fires with a firehose spewing money....it's bound to leak all over you.

Top Bottom