• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    After spending a few minutes on that site i can feel my head getting ready to explode. No wonder this country is so screwed. What a bunch of uneducated dumbasses we have against the 2A.

Sorry but have to disagree with you. They are VERY well educated....just by the liberal media that wants to keep them as unknowing dumbasses. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I finally got to read it (comments) on my home computer. Wouldn't work on my cell.
    AAAAAAAhhhhhhhh\
    They won't listen.
    Provide them with the facts, and they just babble.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The "disorderly" conduct explanation is nothing more than a smear campaign and a sad attempt at a deflection of the conduct of the officers involved.

Of course they're going to say it wasn't his firearm that was the problem. They're not going to openly admit (fat chance they'll privately admit it without a court order) that they fouled up.

"We could have arrested him, but didn't" argument only fools those who only believe the local government's side of the story. Any false arrest, false imprisonment, or 4A violation issue would have only bolstered Ben's suit.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The "disorderly" conduct explanation is nothing more than a smear campaign and a sad attempt at a deflection of the conduct of the officers involved.

Of course they're going to say it wasn't his firearm that was the problem. They're not going to openly admit (fat chance they'll privately admit it without a court order) that they fouled up.

"We could have arrested him, but didn't" argument only fools those who only believe the local government's side of the story. Any false arrest, false imprisonment, or 4A violation issue would have only bolstered Ben's suit.
    I tend to agree with this here. The EPD is acting like they did him a favor and were the "reasonable" ones by not arresting him for disorderly conduct.

I'm more inclined to believe that they would've arrested him if they could.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    St. John v Alamogordo Public Safety, U. S. District Court of New Mexico, No. 08-994 BB/LAM
    I'm less impressed with a District Court case out of New Mexico than I am with a case out of our own 7th Circuit. That story you linked to draws from blog posts from The Wisconsin Gun Rights Examiner, and the 7th Circuit includes Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin, so I need to pay more attention to his feed to see if I can find similar cases coming out of Madison. The WIGRE mentions a couple of cases at the top of the post linked from that story you linked (second hand linkage, groovy) that I need to go read up on now.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm less impressed with a District Court case out of New Mexico than I am with a case out of our own 7th Circuit. That story you linked to draws from blog posts from The Wisconsin Gun Rights Examiner, and the 7th Circuit includes Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin, so I need to pay more attention to his feed to see if I can find similar cases coming out of Madison. The WIGRE mentions a couple of cases at the top of the post linked from that story you linked (second hand linkage, groovy) that I need to go read up on now.

Thanks Cathy, what case out of our 7th Circuit?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ben, I know you're reading this...so...

...go give em hell in the courtroom! None of this wimp-out settling out of the court room crap, stick em hard and make examples of them.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

Ok so this is 114 pages in (I know tydeeh22 it's only 14 pages for you! ;)) and I'm just now posting here!

If my memory serves me correctly (which isn't often) didn't they initially say that he was removed because of his firearm? Then changed their story quickly after?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Ok so this is 114 pages in (I know tydeeh22 it's only 14 pages for you! ;)) and I'm just now posting here!

If my memory serves me correctly (which isn't often) didn't they initially say that he was removed because of his firearm? Then changed their story quickly after?

I don't recall. I might be able to find out. Lemme check.

ETA: I can't seem to find a mention in some old communications. It's possible that it was in a story posted on the E-ville paper website that they made disappear when they brought out the smear campaign.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Ben, I know you're reading this...so...

...go give em hell in the courtroom! None of this wimp-out settling out of the court room crap, stick em hard and make examples of them.

Ben, I know you're reading this...

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall.
    John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I don't recall. I might be able to find out. Lemme check.

ETA: I can't seem to find a mention in some old communications. It's possible that it was in a story posted on the E-ville paper website that they made disappear when they brought out the smear campaign.

Yeah I couldn't find it either. I didn't know if others remember this as well.

Top Bottom