• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Said it before, I will say it again... Anything you say on INGO, can and WILL be used against you...

TF still didn't break any laws though..
    This applies also if you ever are involved (god forbid) in a SD shooting.
    Don't think the prosecutor won't cart out your previous posts and blow them up on 3ft by 4 ft card for the jury. Yes, they can and WILL do it!!

Wow, T-F a ticking time bomb" ?? What sheeple imagery, what grand prose, ... The courier press writer's Mothers must be so proud of the money they spent on journalism school.

Guess we are all just scary scary people carrying around a couple pounds of inert metal....:runaway::runaway:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This applies also if you ever are involved (god forbid) in a SD shooting.
    Don't think the prosecutor won't cart out your previous posts and blow them up on 3ft by 4 ft card for the jury. Yes, they can and WILL do it!!

Wow, T-F a ticking time bomb" ?? What sheeple imagery, what grand prose, ... The courier press writer's Mothers must be so proud of the money they spent on journalism school.

Guess we are all just scary scary people carrying around a couple pounds of inert metal....:runaway::runaway:

Just posting articles to their potential jury pool

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Just posting articles at the behest of the local gubmint. The way I read it, sounds like there may have been some evidence disclosure in spite of the statement that they "aren't allowed to comment on active cases"

And what's with this motion to dismiss? I thought we were all entitled to redress? Or is that just for certain classes of people?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Just posting articles at the behest of the local gubmint. The way I read it, sounds like there may have been some evidence disclosure in spite of the statement that they "aren't allowed to comment on active cases"

And what's with this motion to dismiss? I thought we were all entitled to redress? Or is that just for certain classes of people?

I would say more but I do not want my house flashbanged. :laugh:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I would say more but I do not want my house flashbanged. :laugh:

You mean to say that the local Givernment, (Hi E-Ville, I'm sure your reading) would resort to reprisals instead of standing for what's right, issuing a formal apology and offering a settlement?

What is going to be more embarassing in the end, having a public trial where they are going to lose and all the incorrect/illegal actions of the city repsentatives brought to light or just to come out and admit they were wrong and rectify the situation?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would say that the staff of the C&P are dumber than owl s**t, but that would be a very harsh and unfair thing to say about owl s**t. Their gross mischaracterization of Ben is nothing short of slanderous. Unfortunately there is nothing surprising about such nonsense from this crew.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Here was my contribution:

The point being is that the Zoo is considered public property and as such no one can be asked to leave or be removed from zoo property for "lawfully" carrying a gun.

The act of "lawfully" carrying a gun either openly or concealed (Indiana law does not dictate which method of carry only that one have a state issued "license") is not in an of itself "disorderly conduct".

The act of doing a lawful activity can not be made unlawful by twisting another law to try and cover it. There is already case law on the books backing this.

In order for his behavior at the zoo to be "disorderly" he would have needed to be doing things that were in fact "disorderly" such as: Shouting/screaming for no reason, waving his gun around, running up to people and yelling "ooga booga" in their faces and then running off, etc. etc. etc.

The act of lawfully carrying his gun openly is not disorderly conduct and was in fact protected under state law regarding the lawful carry of guns on public property.

Heck most of you probably drive a car. Well I for one find those environment polluting, death machines (32,885 deaths) very disturbing. Problem is I can't have you jerked off the street just for driving because I am "afraid" you might smash into me or someone else or maybe freak out with a bit of "road rage" and plow through a group of people. The "law" says you can drive as long as you have a license and "follow the traffic laws". Period.

It doesn't matter if this guy is a "troublemaker" or an "activist" or someone "looking for a paycheck". That's probably one of the dumbest arguments I have ever heard. Check your history. We enjoy certain freedom's solely because some "activist" took a stand.

As many like to say "the law is the law" why is it any different when the shoe is on the other foot?

For those that think the state law allowing the lawful carrying of guns on public property and forbidding local governments to enact ordinances in contradiction... keep in mind that the majority of mass killings (firearms or otherwise) have been done in "gun free zones".

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I read all the comments on that article. The fail, it burns.

I would go on there and comment, but I had better not. Aside from the fact that I don't want to argue with the idiots because I'll be drug down to their level and beaten with experience, I would probably be branded a "nutjob," a "whacko," or worse. Plus, logic and reason don't matter to any of those people. I don't care to p*** into the wind, I'll just get wet.

Knowing Frosty like I do, I'm sure he's laughing his tail off at the comments. I also know he's going to ignore the uneducated masses that have no frackin' clue what they're talking about.

No worries.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Wow. Just wow.

Sounds like the City of Evanston is throwing a lot of poo onto the wall hoping some of it will stick.

All the best to Guy and Ben and please keep us up to speed on where this is headed.

I owe you both a drink for doing such a fine job. They wouldn't be squealing like pigs if you didn't have them just about where you want them.

John B.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Hey, Winnecke has to lean hard on his semi-official mouthpiece to bias the pool. Because if he doesn't absolutely bias the population right now, he'll lose. He'll lose and go down in flames as the mayor who lost a ****-ton of the city's money because the city can't keep its hands to itself. I wouldn't use the Courier & Press to clean up sewage - it wouldn't do any good to try to clean up the mess with something filthier.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I can't imagine Sgt. Rahm saying that in an email. That article seems like the poorest written piece of bs that I've ever read. After reading frosty's posts around here, he seems like someone who's no where close to a ticking time bomb. Frosty, I know you're reading this thread, and I'm pretty sure you said you don't drink, so I owe you lunch or something. Lol

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With lazy journalism, epitomized in this single sentence, is it any wonder the non-gun owning public have the misconceptions they do?

The law exempts schools, public hospitals, courts and other public buildings.

If you were the casual citizen, maybe one that pretty much agrees that there's nothing wrong with owning guns, but not really into the whole philosophical-lifestyle-poltical aspects of gun ownership/2A, would it be any wonder that you'd believe it's illegal to carry firearms to, let's say, a polling place?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    With lazy journalism, epitomized in this single sentence, is it any wonder the non-gun owning public have the misconceptions they do?

If you were the casual citizen, maybe one that pretty much agrees that there's nothing wrong with owning guns, but not really into the whole philosophical-lifestyle-poltical aspects of gun ownership/2A, would it be any wonder that you'd believe it's illegal to carry firearms to, let's say, a polling place?

That line, IMHO, is added soley to skew the readers opinion and put forth the belief that Frosty was carrying illegally.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It would appear that the laws regarding the possession of firearms are too esoteric for "journalist", LEOs (*ahem*), and the public at-large.

Why have laws when these individuals will just use their own belief system to create their own? Oh, that's right, because we're a nation of laws, and not of men.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I can't imagine Sgt. Rahm saying that in an email.

Without hearing from Lonnie himself, I can say that it is plausible that he did say that. Frosty posted his story about the confrontation at the hospital, and he and Sgt. Rahm were obviously at a disagreement. Lonnie has stated several times that it was after that incident that he became a member of INGO, and his views have somewhat changed. It wouldn't be the first time that an LEO had his views challenged and changed. Personally, I give the guy credit for keeping an open mind to the point that he has the ability to change his opinion.

Top Bottom