• YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Really?

Seems a bit extreme to me.

I would probably have said "hey do you mind not pointing that thing at people, it makes me uncomfortable" and then see where it goes from there. I'm pretty sure the clerk PROBABLY cleared the gun before handing it to anyone. So while it's still REALLY stupid the way the guy acted, I don't think I'd "draw down" on him.

:dunno:

So you know for 100% certain that the weapon is empty? Could the OP turn his back for a few seconds and the Idiot loaded it? Then after said Idiot gets done pointing the thing at the Idiot woman, he then turns to OP (or you) and points the gun at you? So why does it have to be only in a gun store that you cannot defend yourself, or your fellow person? In every safety class put on by whoever: DNR, Army, Private Citizen, Father to Son, the same thing is repeated over and over. TREAT EVERY GUN AS IT IS A LOADED GUN! What is the difference between a gun store and a Walmart parking lot? But I will moderate a little and say this: at the very least I would vacate the gun store and take my business elsewhere. But I have read this thread, and I see where most go with this. They would rather "Monday Morning Quarterback" this than take a stand for what is right. It is a ****ty deal, all the way around. But I will make damn sure that I live to see tomorrow, not wonder if some Idiot has a loaded or empty gun. We all see the news, read these forums and know the same thing: The world is a dangerous place, and its either you or him.... Time to buck up boys, because I would rather have to defend myself in front of a judge for "drawing down" an Idiot, then wondering if I make it off the surgical table, praying that I make it that far.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    So you know for 100% certain that the weapon is empty? Could the OP turn his back for a few seconds and the Idiot loaded it? Then after said Idiot gets done pointing the thing at the Idiot woman, he then turns to OP (or you) and points the gun at you? So why does it have to be only in a gun store that you cannot defend yourself, or your fellow person? In every safety class put on by whoever: DNR, Army, Private Citizen, Father to Son, the same thing is repeated over and over. TREAT EVERY GUN AS IT IS A LOADED GUN! What is the difference between a gun store and a Walmart parking lot? But I will moderate a little and say this: at the very least I would vacate the gun store and take my business elsewhere. But I have read this thread, and I see where most go with this. They would rather "Monday Morning Quarterback" this than take a stand for what is right. It is a ****ty deal, all the way around. But I will make damn sure that I live to see tomorrow, not wonder if some Idiot has a loaded or empty gun. We all see the news, read these forums and know the same thing: The world is a dangerous place, and its either you or him.... Time to buck up boys, because I would rather have to defend myself in front of a judge for "drawing down" an Idiot, then wondering if I make it off the surgical table, praying that I make it that far.
    Wow....just wow.:n00b:

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    OK Well I was at work when I posted this and didn't get to the ending. You can rest at ease. Before the d-bag had a chance to say anything else the owner of the shop had that gun out of his had. He told the guy that he wouldn't sell a him a gun and told the girl to get away from him before she found herself dead.

The girl didn't say anything at all. She had that look about her. Like she knew her place. I knew the gun wasn't loaded. None of the guns in the case have the mags with them. Rule of thumb in his shop. Still seamed like a dumb thing to do.

With this ^^^ being said, I would not have a problem what so ever doing business with the owner.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

never mind, it doesn't seem to be sinking in. good luck sir and i hope for you sake your never in that situation and if you are once you post bail i look forward to your "omg you guys will never believe what happened to me when i was at this gun store post" ... that should have been purple but whatever :)

heyjgeo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    never point a gun at something unless you intend to kill it... loaded or unloaded it doesn't really matter a gun is a gun, don't play around with them, they are killing machines.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    +1 on the owner throwing him out. But if you ask me I think someone should do that to him, and see how he responds. I am sure he wouldn't find it very funny.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    never point a gun at something unless you intend to kill it... loaded or unloaded it doesn't really matter a gun is a gun, don't play around with them, they are killing machines.
    While you had me with the first part, I must vehemently disagree with the latter. GUNS ARE NOT KILLING MACHINES. GUNS DO NOT KILL. They are inanimate objects and only the user has the ability to kill, with or without a gun.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    This thread is:

dscf0065c.jpg
    :n00b:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So at what point does it stop being a gun? and it safe to "point" at others?

Is it when the barrel is welded shut?

Is it when it's just the barrel, no receiver/bolt/etc?

What about a barrel blank?

Or a piece of bar stock ready to be gun-drilled and rifled?

Or the billet of steel?

Or the iron ore in the ground yet to be mined?

What about if the barrel is ruptured and cannot possibly fire?

Or what if it's bent in half to the point that it's doubled over?

Those are all still firearms, or materials/parts of firearms in different stages of processing. Where does it start and stop?

All rhetorical questions for some to ponder, I don't really wish to get in a pissing match about it because I know some people here just don't understand it...

Just giving those that say there isn't a difference some thoughts to ponder.

:D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

for real ^^^^^^^^ wtf is going on in this thread. i am gonna need some of you folks to read what your typing and then reread it to verify what you put down. with the above quote you kinda sound like your a little left wing anti-gun nut. just saying

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I think it is pretty clear that if it even remotely can be considered a firearm, you are never allowed to point it at another person.

You make the call what you want to point at yourself...

Top Bottom