• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I hope that I am never in this situation, but if it was me, I would of drawn down on the guy. (keep in mind I only go in stores that allow me to carry!)

Really?

Seems a bit extreme to me.

I would probably have said "hey do you mind not pointing that thing at people, it makes me uncomfortable" and then see where it goes from there. I'm pretty sure the clerk PROBABLY cleared the gun before handing it to anyone. So while it's still REALLY stupid the way the guy acted, I don't think I'd "draw down" on him.

:dunno:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Really?

I would probably have said "hey do you mind not pointing that thing at people, it makes me uncomfortable" and then see where it goes from there. I'm pretty sure the clerk PROBABLY cleared the gun before handing it to anyone. So while it's still REALLY stupid the way the guy acted, I don't think I'd "draw down" on him.

Agreed.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Originally Posted by YukYuPhat
    I hope that I am never in this situation, but if it was me, I would of drawn down on the guy. (keep in mind I only go in stores that allow me to carry!)

Really?

i agree 100 percent. if you would have drawn on him that would have made you as dumb as him imo. plus then the police would have been called for sure and you probably would end up in more trouble them him. probably not worth it

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010

So... If I read correctly earlier... You would commit a Class D Felony to counteract his Class A misdemeanor... Although, you would probably be the only one charged when the police showed up... And I doubt you would find any sympathy in a judge, no matter how pro-gun they might be... Do you have a nice pistol? I might want to bid on it at the LE Auction if you're ever in this situation... And the rest of your guns will have to go too, since you'll be a convicted felon...

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    OK Well I was at work when I posted this and didn't get to the ending. You can rest at ease. Before the d-bag had a chance to say anything else the owner of the shop had that gun out of his had. He told the guy that he wouldn't sell a him a gun and told the girl to get away from him before she found herself dead.

The girl didn't say anything at all. She had that look about her. Like she knew her place. I knew the gun wasn't loaded. None of the guns in the case have the mags with them. Rule of thumb in his shop. Still seamed like a dumb thing to do.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    OK Well I was at work when I posted this and didn't get to the ending. You can rest at ease. Before the d-bag had a chance to say anything else the owner of the shop had that gun out of his had. He told the guy that he wouldn't sell a him a gun and told the girl to get away from him before she found herself dead.

The girl didn't say anything at all. She had that look about her. Like she knew her place. I knew the gun wasn't loaded. None of the guns in the case have the mags with them. Rule of thumb in his shop. Still seamed like a dumb thing to do.

:yesway: +1 to the owner. Wouldn't mind hearing who's store this is. I like buying from the good guys.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

Sounds right to me.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Kudo's to the owner for stepping up and doing the right thing. I, too, would have tossed the guy and asked him that he not return to the premises until he learned how to handle a firearm responsibly.

Last edited:

br2710

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Wayne County
    I was in a sporting store on good Friday and there was a groop of 5 guys that were looking at longguns. Instead of putting the gun up to their sholders and pointing them at the wall away from the crowd of people they were pointing them towards the people. I know the guns were empty but I still don't like looking down the barrel of a gun!

Top Bottom